Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Team Wobblehead and the Summer Sensations

Team Wobblehead and the Summer Sensations

Ok, before I begin, I will apoligise for any omissions in my recollections of how our week transpired.
    First off I want to say how great it was to catch up with everyone again under some pretty adverse conditions early in the week.

We (Rob and I) started off by driving up to the Sunny Coast Friday morning to meet up with Deano and Nath, finished off packing the gear and hooking on boats for an early start Saturday Morning.
    Dinner at the Collum Beach pub Friday night we had a guest appearance by the Bikie from the Village People (guess who).

Good run up under sunny skies had us set up and fishing by early arvo.

Sunday Morning up in Sth B Team Wobblehead tied off at Pepper had a beautiful rainbow appear after a brief shower with one end laying over a point on the other side of the bay, Deano said, looks good to me, chrome at the end of the rainbow lets go.
    I think over the next 3 days collectively we took 18 fish off the now named "Rainbow Point" Deano, me, Nath, Rob, John, Nagg and Brian.
    Looking at the pics the other side of the rainbow is where Simon took his first Placky caught fish, well done mate.
    One of the pics here show Rob hooked up on Naths boat in the foreground and Brian hooked up in the background, crazy stuff.
    Brian took a 113 off here too which we all saw played out, very entertaining to watch the master at work unpicking the fish from deep snags. I jumped on board his boat to take a pic after which he went to wash his mat with his Mondy cup sticker glued to a piece of ally still laying on it, one sec he was there the next he is gone, over the side, diving down out of sight to grab his sticker, funny as, mad bassard.
    That was a real good part of the week, watching ya mates catch fish, as we were all close by a lot of the time.
    I think it was Monday we came in for lunch, just in time for the first of 3 wild storms that came through camp that had us digging trenches and holding down tarps, that was the worst day weather wise, we all got wet gear but there was hardly a complaint.
    By this time our spot looked, as Steve B described a scene out of the war trenches, but hey, Chris could still light a fire and Nath could still cook a roast.
    Truely the rest of the week was a flurry of laughter, good natured ribbing, good food, good mates and some pretty good fish.
    Other highlights included, Brian fighting off intruders in the middle of the night, Cooking snags, bankside without a frypan, with Dazzas commenty, and Mondy's newest charter operator blowflying us to the point of distraction.

My total for the week was 5 fish, 98,99,101,105 & 112.

Other pics include the pending doom of a swallows nest and friendly dragonfly.

More pics later when I can.

Right to the end we laughed, bloody hell I had a good week. Driving home yesterday with the 2 ways me in front, Deano then Brian, we came through a shower of rain, Deano starts singing into the 2 way, "It'd raining again", I chimed in with the next line, Brian comes on and says " I'm back here waving my ciggie lighter in the air boys".

Finally, Deano, mate u r a classic, ya had the dropsies a bit but man if u had of stuck that big biatch, zero to hero,loved sharing the Polly with ya, had a top week and don't fret, Rob just dropped my spin rod back with the tip glued back on.

Pete.
    Last edited by Pete62; 15-02-2010 at 09:10 AM. Reason: add pics

Re: Team Wobblehead and the Summer Sensations

Good work Poiter ...... after all those pastry trips , you're starting to come good with some quality fish landed.
    Certainly an unforgettable trip for sooooo many reasons
    As always its great to catch up with the boys from Coffs - well done to both you & Rob.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Sounds like a top week Pete......mates, laughs, inclement weather and a swag of barra - does it get any better?

Congrats on your 5 fish - all bigger than your PB - that 112 would have been fun!

Catch up soon....

Pete & Kyle

awsome pete, was a pleasure having you on board for the week, yes we encountered weather of all discriptions, one day begging the sun to go down sweltering, next wishin the rain would piss off, then wishing the rain would come back.!!!...very hot n humid when the sun came out.. ..

finding rainbow was a godsend, we all shared the wealth there with some fantastic fishing in a communal way , everyone got fish out of it, and some very memorable ones,especially mr rakey with some insperational angling getting the 113 from the stumps, cracked at your call brian when she came out "suck sh!t bit#h, you frukkin mine now"pissed myself, and still am now, a joy to watch a master at work..

nath, mate always an enjoyable trip sharing a camp with you, and fishing alongside in another boat was different but priceless, you and rob smacked some good fish...

yes i had the droppsies, pulled hooks early on a couple, got beat up by a pig, and a hookup at my feet with no room to move resulted in a very quick popped braid experience, so only a little 64cm pup to the boat for me..but still a happpy chap, watching and helping pete to his best tally of fish from the dam, upping his pb 4 times to finish on 112cm...awsome stuff pete, you done good...

great catching up with everyone again, it was a very memorable trip, plenty of laughs, some good tucker and a few beers, you all make fishing a top quality pass time...

cant wait to do it all again....thank you all..

deano...
    God put me on earth to accomplish
    a certain number of things,
    right now i am so far behind
    i will never die.

Yeah I will tack mine on here what a week of fun fish and rain how a dam can be altered so much over night was amazing to say the least.

Had a realy good trip fish where about good old pepper producing few rainbow and cattie point and of coarse NORTH B again. some points of intrest was how quick the south B filled up with weed after the main rise by friday pepper was had it! the amount of biat moving through NORTH B was amazing and could be a pick spot over the next few weeks as things deteriate..

Fish fo me well first fish was the cutest little pup 45cm i have seen and enjoy seeing these little fellas coming of age.

so my talley 45, 92 108.5, 105,100,67
    Attachment 56048Attachment 56049Attachment 56050Attachment 56051Attachment 56052Attachment 56053
    For me the ever changing water made for better fishing gave ya stuff to ponder over each day. The gioal was to practic double hoook sets and not loose fish to miss connection.... well I went 6 from 6 so was happy with that..

To the guys well as always it was great to catch ya all... Pete and Rob thanks for all your hospitality you both are fantastic people and am happy to share a boat anytime. Deano, your a true friend and as always enjoyed the trip with ya.
    Brian you are a top fisho mate and the time and effort you put in show s you earn every fish well done on a top trip mate.(will ring ya tomoza after BLA)

Whitto mate shame you couldn't make it buddy you where missed and thought of and I am glad to see you made a appearanceno one saw you but i caught you on cameraAttachment 56054

Thanks again to all that came along for summer rain-sations all the memories Johno snagging a few, Stevey B popping out Foxie, Rakey and the crew brain storming in the camp with a hellish design frog set up... the demise of half a dozen XRAPS and many a laugh .....

Cheers Nath

Great posts, Pete62 and Nath along with quality pictures, bloody good stuff boys.

Now just a point with measuring on the brag mats!
    Please go to the next full centimeter up,ie; if the fish measures 108.5 call it for 109cm's. If the fish is closer to the the full cm under ie; 108.25 call it as a 108cm fish. I don't want to have to start mucking around with decimal places, i don't know what they are

After all i believe this is the way they do it in the ABT?

Cheers,
    John.

Hey Pete62, where are you pic's on the brag mat?

I assume the one you have already posted is Deano68's 64cm fish?

What about Rob's fish?

As you can see Nath's pic's are up, so when i getr yours i will go in and enter the scores.

John.

well done guys good report i am glad we pulled camp before those major rains still took me 3 days to dry stuff out,great photo's

shane

well done fellas great reports and you lads certainly crack a pattern in tough conditions
    Well Done pete you got some great fish there mate well deserved .
    All that where there until i left thanks for a good time and some good laughs i always enjoy the chats around the fire and the classic moment like the tent fien of brians that was a ripper .

Quote Originally Posted by Obi _ Wan View Post
    Hey Pete62, where are you pic's on the brag mat?

I assume the one you have already posted is Deano68's 64cm fish?

What about Rob's fish?

As you can see Nath's pic's are up, so when i getr yours i will go in and enter the scores.

John.
    Yes John, that's Deano's fish, a couple of my pics need to be resized and can't work it out on this puter so will have to do it at work tomoz.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    Yes John, that's Deano's fish, a couple of my pics need to be resized and can't work it out on this puter so will have to do it at work tomoz.

Pete.
    No worries Pete, looks like you will be coming third behind Brian and Nath, well done mate, a lot of people got none

C'mon Rakey, where are your pictures??we all know you got fish and bruised your knuckles on the canvas, put your piccies up man

Cheers,
    John.

Nath's, Deano's scores are up,

Just waiting on Pete 62's piccies, Rob's piccies and Brian's tally and piccies.

Looks like that will close out the weekend then.

John.

Awesome stuff guys. Congrats to all, sounds like everyone had a good time. Wish I could've made it but as it turned out I made the right decision. 1st grandchild, Brianna Jasmine was born on Friday 12/2/10 at 3.40pm 8lb 5oz. Mum and baby fit and healthy.
    Dave
    Not to get technical...... but according to Chemistry, ALCOHOL IS A SOLUTION

Quote Originally Posted by Callop View Post
    Awesome stuff guys. Congrats to all, sounds like everyone had a good time. Wish I could've made it but as it turned out I made the right decision. 1st grandchild, Brianna Jasmine was born on Friday 12/2/10 at 3.40pm 8lb 5oz. Mum and baby fit and healthy.
    Dave
    Congrats Dave, Grandad, Pop or Pa.

Pete.

Nice work mate.

Thats is a nice string of fish thats for sure.

The place looks alive now after the rain.

Well done.

Cheers

Lee