Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Team Wobblehead and the Summer Sensations

Re: Team Wobblehead and the Summer Sensations

Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    Yes John, that's Deano's fish, a couple of my pics need to be resized and can't work it out on this puter so will have to do it at work tomoz.

Pete.
    I know of someone who can help you with photoshop - Hey you're not trying to make the fish bigger are you
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Great news Dave!

Patience Johnno is a virtue, young fellow me lad!

Re-sizing now.

Okey dokey, my turn.
    Noel and I headed up Friday morn thru some intermittent showers, stopping at The Travellers Rest for the traditional pie breaky, and were immediately faced with a dilemma! Do we push on to camp and try and beat that huge black rain cloud hovering ahead, or do we stay at the pie shop and admire the bus load of sun burnt young lady back packers que up for an Aussie treat whilst we enjoy ours? Well, let’s just say that we eventually discovered that theres nothing fun about setting up camp in the rain!
    Friday arvo was a dash to 2 Mile, more for a look at water conditions up stream than anything else, and we met up with Shane and Gunna up there, for nil result, but a bit of an idea on the size of the in-flow at that stage (big!) and what it had done to the marks we had been fishing since xmass (gone!).
    Saturday, was stinking hot, and I mean stinking HOT, but we plucked a few fish on a rain coat on rain coat off type day. Sunday poured the whole day, never seen anything like it, but again a couple of fish, including a big girl smoking me up the back of Jacks in the sticks, and another smashing Noely thru the timber and busting off before he finally netted a donut buster in belting rain at another spot.
    Monday Noel packed up and left (thank god, my liver was starting to fail), so I tripped into town and fuelled up, then fished the arvo to watch John smack 3, great stuff. That spot fired over the next couple of days, and as we were “keeping it communal”, we all shared the success, and sometimes failures, side by side, great fishing with good mates.
    Fished with Steve in there some where for a couple of sessions, and neither of us could raise a scale in our “secret” hot spots, but had a phat time buddy, thanks for the company! Qantas Point looked the goods with a big short strike there late arvo, worth another squiz next time mate, and see if you can get that flying high placcy of mine down bro!
    Some nasty storms mid week in true Mondy fashion, belting rain, boiling hot, wind from every direction known to man, and then some in that session I fished with Poiter – sorry about that mate, wet as a shag or sweating like a pig. Talking about pigs saw a huge black sow up the back of Jacks, enormous thing, and some wild brumbies as well.
    As the week progressed the weed became an issue, loose stringy stuff washed down from the back mixed up with the weed breaking away from the beds, it formed rafts and drifted with the wind, making it hard to impossible to fish areas as the week went on. I’m sure I saw the same raft of weed go past me 6 times, depending what the wind was doing each day.
    Rainbow Point, Poo Poo Point, “North B”, Catty Corner, back end of Jacks, No Secret Point, The Quad all had their moments. We spent a couple of sessions on Pepper, that produced, but the weed and the blandness of fishing that mark saw us look else where, and I twigged a little honey hole on the last day that coughed up a 99, a dropped fish, bust off on a big girl, a mid 90’s and a great fish for Nath. Team Wobble Head had also struck some loving, fishing closer to home, with Poiter smacking another metery to add to his tally – best way to finish a trip!
    The trollers were getting some fish, and the cleaning table was busy most evenings.
    Remiss of me not to mention camp fire roasts, Gin Gin pub countery lunch, crab meat with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce entrees at camp followed by garlic prawns and cold beer around the fire, bacon and eggs, Nippas Kabean (kabana, baked beans, garlic and he was wishing for an onion!).
    Show and tell in the camp kitchen when the rain drove us off the fire was good, but not as good as fishing what ever Mondy coughed up each day – awesome.
    Highlights were many and varied, Noel getting off the nut after 2 fish less trips, John and his 3 meter+ fish in a row, Daggles one liners and Naggles pyro skills and green frog whispering techniques, the pros telling us it aint rocket science then tailing us around, Gunna and Robbers sticking at it in hard conditions, Deanno hooking up big fish in places where the odds were stacked against him, Nath skurfing my wake in “The Shaft” and Rob loving it, Nips first on placcies and a metery to boot, Pete up-grading his P.B.’s with the best fish coming off a lure that I GUARRANTEE no Monduran Barra had ever seen before, the eagerness of Rob the silent achiever, first up at Kookas every morn ready to go and chipping away with the fish as well, he would have slept in the boat for a quicker morning start if he could I reckon, midnite finish around the fire and 5.00AM Kookas calls the next morn tested the staying power, me beating up that bloke in my tent in the middle of the night, the success and consequent demolition of suspending X-Raps, the fly plague followed by the caterpillar plague followed by the moth plague followed by the black ant plague, Steve and Foxie dropping out for a fish and chin wag, doing our best to help the 2 Bundy boys who rolled into camp late on our last nite – they shared a beer and a laugh around the fire and we gave them what info we could to help smack their first chrome beastie.
    Way to much happens on a week long trip to remember it all, I’ve just touched on what comes to mind as I’m belting this key board back in the comforts of home, but it was good, it was a very very good trip.
    Thanks boys!
    Happy Days.

Pics in no particular order!

Couple more stray pics

Hey brian good report mate well done I still blame gunna for the donut for bringing a banana on the boat to give to nagg,
    Sorry i did not think i should of left you my tarp for the week for a bit more protection, glad you had a good trip man you must be buggered by now with the hours you put in

shane

Boring mat shots now.
    Some where in there, is a 64, 65, 76, 86, 94, 95, 97, 99, 101, 112, 117

The 2 dropped and 3 busted off would have been gold

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    Hey brian good report mate well done I still blame gunna for the donut for bringing a banana on the boat to give to nagg,
    Sorry i did not think i should of left you my tarp for the week for a bit more protection, glad you had a good trip man you must be buggered by now with the hours you put in

shane

Thanks buddy, I was good in the Oz Tent though, dry as a bug, just had to evict the black ants one day!
    Yeah, Im shagged, but thats from cleaning gear and drying out/packing away, Im ready to to again. When Noel went home Monday I eased back, only fished half day Monday arvo, then just did morn and arvo sesioins each day, and knocked early on Friday arvo.

Holy Crap ....... over 10,000mm there Rakey ---- You da man!!!!

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Ha, I got nuthin, and you know it mate. Hoik enough casts and sooner or later you'll foul hook a barra, theres my you beaut secret tip out in the open lol!
    Those boys smacking 5 meters+ a session in the ABT at Awoongie, thats fishing!

Had a day and a half of munching a donut in the middle of the week, and still had an awesome time - hows the serenity and this is living!
    Happy days mate!

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Ha, I got nuthin, and you know it mate. Hoik enough casts and sooner or later you'll foul hook a barra, theres my you beaut secret tip out in the open lol!
    Those boys smacking 5 meters+ a session in the ABT at Awoongie, thats fishing!

Had a day and a half of munching a donut in the middle of the week, and still had an awesome time - hows the serenity and this is living!
    Happy days mate!

Don't sell yourself short mate ...... you're fishing pretty well & deserving every millimeter ...... Great stuff

So when do you go back to work

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

To soon, to soon, to soon.

First week in March I think, should check I spose.

Depending on water quality, and I see theres more rain for next week...................??

Nice one B, mate u do deserve every fish u get, never stop moving, thinking................and FARTING.................hope ya got that outa your system b4 ya go home mate.

Thanks again for a great week.

Pete

Hey bro, allways a pleasure to fish with our southern cousins, even if all the snoring seems to come from one tent some times! I never asked, have you got a pass for Brumba, or is it to soon?

Like I said, it was a sign of appreciation to the chef for a bloody good camp oven roast lamb lunch.

Well done all, congratulations on fish in difficult times. Sounds like you had a ball.

Only a few weeks to go and then will have to see how the dam settles.

Will be interesting to try some old spots and new ones.

Good report Pete, Nath and Brian.

Pete will try and catch up in next week.

Trev
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.

Well back home after 9 days in the Far North......Read all reports and pawed over all the piccies several times.......What a week u all have had not a Donuts amongst ya.....Well done boys under difficult conditions......The photos are Great none more the photo's of John holding those Barra good to c u back again John........Ya did good Pete that made all the travel worthwhile.......Thanks Nath at least I was there in a plastic figurine state........Thanks for the heads up mobile messages.......Strangely enough I took a photo of a Rainbow while in the North....must have sent ya some Karma....Good stuff lads what a week.....Cheers Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless