Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Will Toyota's Landcruiser ever have a true rival?

Re: Will Toyota's Landcruiser ever have a true rival?

I love the fanatic Toyota fundamentalists . You get a great understanding of their mindset if you google "cognitive dissonance" .

We have several great vehicles that can do the job. Its all in the detail as to which one will suit an individuals purpose best. I reckon I am pretty objective and I can see the positives and negatives associated with each vehicle
    I personally prefer Landrovers but realise that that choice will not suit everyone
    Its pretty sad to see the huge marketing influence that Toyota has had on Australia. If you live in remote areas or regularly travel there then Toyota is the only real option as parts and more importantly service are not available
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

this would be a man who could not make up his mind on which he preferred, so he compromised....
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1990-Nissan-P...#ht_500wt_1182

I've been looking into getting a landrover 130 dualcab only for the last 2 weeks, was thinking about a 1997 ish ,

can someone tell me what the tray size is with the style side/ well tray, or what a reasonable alloy tray size will fit , all I want is a 2 m tray to hold 3 m sheets, and building gear, and family for weekends and holidays. the boat and trailer weigh near 700 k and unbraked.

any other info to convert me to a rover lover appeceated otherwise something else that will suit towing and 4-5 passengers, Atm I have a diahatsu delta dual cab that will be rusted away by 2011, but is 2 w d, 6, seater with 2.1 tray ,. cheers

mate jump onto Aulro.com and go for it...great place for friendly and not totally biased info on them....there is a County and Defender thread.

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Some good debate goin on here. It's good to see Nissan with a new rig. Looks like a split between a LC and LR on looks. I like the idea of a 7 speed box. Just have to wait and see if they release a decent sized turbo diesel. Knowing our luck it will be overpriced too.

Ssangyong are not even close to competing with the larger 4x4s and there's no way I'm going to tow 2.5-3t with a 2 litre anything.

That Disco looks like a very very nice car but at 92k unless I will win the lotto I'll never own one. Would be Interesting to see how many discos would be sold if they were 10k less than LC not 10k more.

Fingers crossed the Nissan has a good diesel and is a damn site cheaper than the LC. Would like to see Toyota response.

Cheers

Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

I've owned both Nissan and Toyotas and there is no clear winner or looser.
    My latest Cruiser suits us perfectly now (that's why we brought it) but the D22 Navara before it is a brilliant vehicle also, just not enough seats.
    Now if either manufacturer built them like this (our new Truck) they'd sell like hotcakes. Enough room for Mum and the boys or mates for a fishing trip and still a 2mtr tray out back.

Ally Jack

Ally Jack, I'd be rapt to have that ! ! ! was that a converion job? I've seen the site for creative conversions and looks like they know what they're doing,

do you know what a second handy might go for if there was ever one for sale?
    I've got around a year to look for my next ute/truck. cheers

Like these maybe?

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

You would get the best of several worlds with a conversion like those....but the ones that Tim has identified would cost a bomb, especially the 6x.

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Dreemon,

I brought it second hand a couple of weeks ago. It's a 96 model converted to dual cab in 99, 1HZ with aftermarket turbo.
    There were a couple for sale in the Brisbane area when I was looking, one 80 series at Bribie, and a 100 series on the northside not sure if they are still there.
    here is one down south non turbo would be a bit slow off themark- http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...20937%2055%202

Ally Jack

Timi,

With regard to the first photo of the 6 wheeler. You'd think keeping the vehicle standard, and a top quality off road trailer set up for the boat etc would cost you a lot less than a conversion, also, imagine the limited market you would have when reselling a few years down the track.

But, everyone has an opinion.

Steve

I can just see the women in the shopping car park, you would need to wait for a 22point turn/park the things.....ROFPML

Quote Originally Posted by MyEscape View Post
    Timi,

With regard to the first photo of the 6 wheeler. You'd think keeping the vehicle standard, and a top quality off road trailer set up for the boat etc would cost you a lot less than a conversion, also, imagine the limited market you would have when reselling a few years down the track.

But, everyone has an opinion.

Steve
    I reckon it would destroy it as an off roader. A lazy axle's just a bad idea, imo. But hey, if you have the money, and you want it, why not?

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Oh Timi....it's a boggy with diff and cross locks.
    It'll go anywhere

A mate of mine had a Creative done to his cruiser about 4 or 5 years ago.
    The roof has cracked twice across the back. Once fixed under warantee and the second has been left. It leaks when it rains.
    His has an extended chassis as well.
    But back to the original thread....
    Here's some interesting reading. Just a damn shame it's not here
    http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...ying-guide.htm
    And better still is
    http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...ying-guide.htm

There are rivals, real rivals. Just not here
    YET!!!!
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

1.2 mill ks from my first cruiser hj60 paid 14000 new 19 83 i sold it for 5000 in 203 and bought a as new hj60 done 230000 in top nick of an old bloke for 7000 and i towed my 19c h' hunter to cairns 8 yrs in a row i cant hurt these toyota's i still love them as i did in 1983 just done a run to lucinda with 3 mates loaded to the hilt and got 27 mpg im a happy man oh what a feeling hilly