Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Will Toyota's Landcruiser ever have a true rival?

Re: Will Toyota's Landcruiser ever have a true rival?

Chris, have a look here mate http://www.creativeconversions.com.au/ My mate had his 100 series done recently and it cost him around $14k. So neat it could be factory. He tows a 5.2m Kevlacat with it and does it easily.

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    Sounds like you are taking it personally to me matey

I know, lets get all bent out of shape and jump online to find problems with the vehicles we dont own...I can get plenty on the Toyota too, but as I have said to you before its also about the quality of the drive for me and not having a boring ride for my 4wd which is what also attracts me to the Discoveries - off road ability in stock form is superior int he Disco in the main and that is also a factor for me.

I am not going to propound this debate any longer matey...I think we know where we stand ont he point. Im off to make some money cause I too work hard for mine

Cheers

Mate , I don't take anything personally, you want to drive a Disco, its your money and your call , not mine and I couldn't care less . As I said before I tested a RR 3.6 V8 and I gave you the reasons I didn't buy one, Discos don't interest me for the same reason as Pajeros , Prados and all the Euro 4WDS don't , Patrols are to old and no power for towing and we are talking about diesel here. I wouldn't buy a petrol truck and I wouldn't buy a diesel car.

The thread started asked " Will Toyota's Landcruiser ever have a true rival?"
    This is what we are debating .
    You said that the Disco 4 3.0 will tow a 2.5 t load as well ( as fast ) or better than the LC 200TTD and I'm telling you It will NOT because I know from experience , even the RR 3.6 V8 will not .
    As for the LC being boring , well thats a matter of opinion and I will not debate it.
    I'm not here to justify my choice either but it happens to be the same as 10's of thousands of others , about 20 times as many as the ones that choose to buy a Disco .

As for offroad ability , I don't have first hand experience because I don't use mine for offroad trials or racing, I have use it on tracks and sand and she performs very well for me . I don't even know anyone that does in an LC200 but I know plenty that do in other LC's
    The only racing I ever done and still like to do is on the track in a sports car or down the strip in a drag car .

Actually Steeler, those Nivas' were a suprisingly good vehicle on the sand, for as long as they lasted.......don't see too many around nowadays but hehehe.
    Couldn't tow the skin off a rice pudding on the beach though.
    Cheers!

They were not all that bad i just thought seeing i am on a mission of world peace it would be a good idea if we were all driving the same thing,no more who can wee wee the furthest competition then..PROBLEM SOLVED.

The sooner i can moderate a harmonious resolve to this problem i can move on to my next peace mission which is to have the Dalai Lama sworn into the Chinese Government and made Minister for both Internal and Foreign Affairs.

Just trying to do my bit for the world.

PEACE BRO'S.

Steve

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

I reckon an e-tec powered Landcruiser would make for a good topic, should last a few pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    I reckon an e-tec powered Landcruiser would make for a good topic, should last a few pages.

Are you trying to do my head in NoelM. Then we would have have to have opti powered Disco's just so we would have something to debate.

I don't know if the cruisers payload is big enough for all those spare injectors you would have to carry around and if the Disco has the space for all those bolts,alternators and belts.

Steve

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Dunno what all the fuss people were talking about earlier that if you didn't want to spend the dollars of a cruiser get a disco WTF??? just looked it up the new disco 4 3.0ltr TTD goes for another 10k on op of what a cruiser costs??

http://www.discountnewcars.com.au/la...-land09ex.aspx

http://www.discountnewcars.com.au/to...-toyo09lt.aspx

Scott - crazy prices! Depends on just how quick you want to accelerate. Plenty of people towing big loads (2.5 tonn plus) with the 2.7litre single turbo, so you dont have to go to the big daddy of LR unless you really do A LOT of towing heavy and want to do it quickly.

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

so which is the LR?? on that site above they have the GXL, VX then the "Sahara" models, then there's the troopies

Quote Originally Posted by sagair View Post
    "Nissan Product Design Director, Taiji Toyota, said the new Patrol...."

They got to be kidding.......

Chirs - I just checked the Land Rover web sit and downloaded the e-brochure for the Discovery and they still have the 2.7 turbo diesel as well as the twin turbo 3.0 diesel.

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Scott nthQld View Post
    so which is the LR?? on that site above they have the GXL, VX then the "Sahara" models, then there's the troopies
    Scott,

LR HSE is equivilent of the Tojo Sahara. Top of the line models.

Phill
    All I want is to catch MORE legal fish!

Smile Re: Will Toyota's Landcruiser ever have a true rival?

Well I'm game, and heres my two bobs worth from experience with Toyota, Nisan and a lot of others in real cross country driving as well as long long distances on the black top.

I now own a Ssangyong Actyon sports utility, I have had it for 2 years and just can't fault it.. It is has electronic/vacuum transfer case control a 2l common rail turbo deisel that is a licensed make of the Mercedes engine, can pull upto 3t braked and still take 500kg in the extra sized custom side tray, take the towed weight off and you can get upto 800kg in the bum.

Yep they are a bit on the ugly side, but I reckon the shark shape is fuel efficien in comparison to the brick shapes all the others use also, it is based on a rigid h frame so it aint gonna break like som eothers do...

Just my two bobs worth, so cmon guys n gals have your say, but you need to try driving it before you can this vehicle......by the way I drove away from the dealer spending no mmore than 32k on the road...saved my self over 30k for a nicer ride.

Cheers n bring it on......
    May the winds blow lightly upon your sails
    May the seas buffet gently upon your hull
    May your chiller be full of piscatorial delights

Quote Originally Posted by Bosunsmate View Post
    Yep they are a bit on the ugly side, but I reckon the shark shape is fuel efficien in comparison to the brick shapes all the others use also, it is based on a rigid h frame so it aint gonna break like som eothers do...
    Face like a dropped pie, I reckon. Or a smashed crab maybe?

Really, really ugly buggers. Reckon you could only like one if you were drunk!

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.