Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: WTF - Mondy Summer Sensations

Re: WTF - Mondy Summer Sensations

Hey Al, same principles, just higher up the bank mate.
    We stuck with the usual suspects - Hollows, storms, squidgeys etc etc, and hard bods.
    Suspending XRaps were barra lollies, but that weak link in the rear treble attachemnt is a killer - 50 bucks in 5 minutes hurts. Im preaching to the converted, you know your stuff I know that, you mite have just hit a donut day mate?
    I reckon is mix and match, I throw something, then pick up another stick and offer up something differant, usually a 5" hollow belly (confidence thing first up), followed by a twitched hard bod, then a squidgey, then a shallow diver, just rotate thru.
    We saw some interesting suface frog action last Satuday and Sunday, especially in the pouring rain, but I gave them a bit of a miss after that due to poor (read no) hook up returns.

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    A cool spot in the shade with a light breeze and an esky.

Position Position Position

Preferably some where with out all that seeding grass, that hay fever smashed me.

Red face Re: WTF - Mondy Summer Sensations

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Preferably some where with out all that seeding grass, that hay fever smashed me.
    I here ya Bro and I got home to find the bloody grass at home 6' long too
    the bloody mower boy was not in the good books here .

I couldn't believe when I rocked up (allergic to grass) and you buggers had collected the all the freshly cut grass and used it as carpet under the tarp .

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

D, walking on that gound tarp was like, well, I cant really explain what it was like on a publc forum.
    Im impressed with the shade cloth, let the ground breath a bit I think and when it did stop p#ssing down, it could dry a litle.

Quote Originally Posted by warrior View Post
    hey men just spent 14 hrs on the water and still didnt open the cup account ,fished many points and drop offs for only one good boof on the frog in a nice windy area ,heaps of boats on the water and didnt see a fish boated for friday and saturday morning ,any hints as to what to look for now the water is up a fair way cheers AL
    Whats the trouble Al 14 hours on the water and no fish. Have you lost your Mojo ? Well how about Four Days and no fish. Scotty and l spent Thus to Sunday for nothing too ! The Donut Twins we are !

Quote Originally Posted by Awoonga View Post
    Whats the trouble Al 14 hours on the water and no fish. Have you lost your Mojo ? Well how about Four Days and no fish. Scotty and l spent Thus to Sunday for nothing too ! The Donut Twins we are !

Ouch Tev, nothing off Catty Corner where we saw you Friday?

oh Crap Trev! Thats not much fun!. I did hear it was tough going on the weekend for the comp. Was all that floating weed that appeared late in the week still lurking..me thinks it might be something to do with a shutdown..part of the cycle. these hot still days wont be helping. Might go up again on the weekend in my tin tub for a look!

Cheers Steve
    I dont have ADHD......ohh look a squirrell !!!

gees trev i dont feel half as bad now did you fish the comp? thanks BR i rotate a fair bit thru the lures ,sometimes i think i do it too much,the frog is my go too lure at the moment in the wind as i have had some awsome sessions on them of late,i have found a good conversion rate rate since using a stinger treble reverse hooked in its ass so as not too hook up on the weeds and attached to 80lb braid as the trailer which is put thru the eye of the frog hook hope i explained it ok i landed these on saturday on the way home in lenthalls that same way ,wind blown bay long casts with the boof frog and stinger ,the spider was at mondy and was huge nearly leccied thru the web it was eating a large dragonfly

Hey Al, I think I know what your doing with that stinger. We were mucking around with trailing Owner singles.
    Lenthals is a honey hole for you mate, Ive really got to get my arse up for a look.

i think the singles would a bit better than the trebles i will give them a whirl,if you are coming up or want to come up for a flick at the local hole give me a pm and i will take you out

D, walking on that gound tarp was like, well, I cant really explain what it was like on a publc forum.
    Im impressed with the shade cloth, let the ground breath a bit I think and when it did stop p#ssing down, it could dry a litle.
    It is without doubt the only way to go mate. You see the big sheet goes right under my tent and the foyer. It alsi serves to clean your feet outside the tent and on the beach the sand falls through it.

Thanks TREV I feel much better now .

Quote Originally Posted by warrior View Post
    gees trev i dont feel half as bad now did you fish the comp? thanks BR i rotate a fair bit thru the lures ,sometimes i think i do it too much,the frog is my go too lure at the moment in the wind as i have had some awsome sessions on them of late,i have found a good conversion rate rate since using a stinger treble reverse hooked in its ass so as not too hook up on the weeds and attached to 80lb braid as the trailer which is put thru the eye of the frog hook hope i explained it ok

Reverse Hooked?

Al we'll be needin a graphic or a pic of this set up. I am keen to see how you avoid the weed with this?

Hang on having read it again I think I understand.
    The treble hooks face to the rear hooked through the frogs arse? Thus avoiding collecting weed. I presume this tears out on hook up?

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

mate yes the stinger pulls out as most of the barra hit head first meaning the hook is actually facing the right way for the hookup

Ouch Tev, nothing off Catty Corner where we saw you Friday?
    Yes infact a 109 was caught there in the first morning but not by us, Remember the blowfly in the Mako Truck that came along on Friday .Well he beat us to that point. We fished alongside them { They caught no more },then onto pepper for the rest of the weekend. The SI said that the fish where moving through in the deep. Scotty the thinker that he is put on a diving hardbody First cast l think on.... Rather large lady was lost at the boat . Heartbreaking stuff. Next one on the jump..Sunday produced a couple of caties nothing else..... its called fishing not catching

Bad luck mate. Sounds like a few holding out off that bay on Pepper from what that Si is telling you guys.
    Yeah, I remember the Truck.
    The Skeet Trev, you should have had the Skeet!

Bad luck mate. Sounds like a few holding out off that bay on Pepper from what that Si is telling you guys.
    Yeah, I remember the Truck.
    The Skeet Trev, you should have had the Skeet!

Yes and the SI