Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: WTF - Mondy Summer Sensations

Re: WTF - Mondy Summer Sensations

Quote Originally Posted by themissus View Post
    Tuff conditions guys but I'm still sorry we missed it. John great to see you smack some silver ladies it's been a long time coming!!! Bring on June!!!
    Cheers Kim.

IM nearlly converted kimmy got one on a placcy and 2 other hooks up and a heaps of solid whacks that i wasnt quick enoought to set the hook

Thanks for another great report Nagg! Its the closest thing we can get to being there.

It sounds like very challenging conditions, well done to you and John on getting the results.

Great pics and report - thanks again!

Matt

Thanks Matt , Paul & Kim

Tough conditions alright & at times you had to think is it all worth it - It certainly adds to the knowledge base though - so yeh its worth it .
    Taught everyone how to get a fire going with saturated wood & raining

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Thanks Matt , Paul & Kim

Tough conditions alright & at times you had to think is it all worth it - It certainly adds to the knowledge base though - so yeh its worth it .
    Taught everyone how to get a fire going with saturated wood & raining

Chris
    Yes he is a true pyro maniac that is for sure . Just got to work out how to get one of those fish back off him . i know i will get one out of naggs point naext time that will evven the score .
    Nah was a great few days worth the effort for the toguh conditions and good to come home without scoring a donut

Quote Originally Posted by Awoonga View Post
    Bit wet there blokes, John good work on getting your Mondy Barra.
    The Naggster. Hail rain or shine you still manage to come up with the goods. Scotty and l shall be there tomorrow untill Sunday Talk soon
    Thanks Trev

The task was made a little easier with 4 other crews looking for ideal waters & it was great to compare notes - General consensus was xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

great report chris,it always good to have good company on weeks like that but better being up there than at work ,will also be up on the weekend will have to try and find that bay

Quote Originally Posted by nipsta View Post
    Yes he is a true pyro maniac that is for sure . Just got to work out how to get one of those fish back off him . i know i will get one out of naggs point naext time that will evven the score .
    Nah was a great few days worth the effort for the toguh conditions and good to come home without scoring a donut
    Hi Simon

Yes mate .... you owed me for showing you Naggs - best thing is , once the place settles down ....... you know a location that is spot on with these higher levels.

you certainly made a good bite indicator ......... with the fish moving from left to right

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Hi Simon

Yes mate .... you owed me for showing you Naggs - best thing is , once the place settles down ....... you know a location that is spot on with these higher levels.

you certainly made a good bite indicator ......... with the fish moving from left to right

Chris

not wrong moving the word for sure and yeah it will be a cracker for sure witht he right wind be good to see if rainbow keeps firing havent had any news from them

Awesome Report Chris,
    sounds like one hell of a trip despite the Rain,
    I bet it feels good to know you can nail em in all sorts of conditions,
    cant wait to get up there!
    Cheers,

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by yellahunter View Post
    Awesome Report Chris,
    sounds like one hell of a trip despite the Rain,
    I bet it feels good to know you can nail em in all sorts of conditions,
    cant wait to get up there!
    We certainly tested ourselves ...... I normally pick weather windows , specially when going to Mondy - This time we stuck with going rain hail or shine -

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

As i am the one with the photo's of Chris's fish on the matt i thought i had better post them up so we could at least get them onto the score card.

The fish are 54cm, 96cm, 96cm, 101cm.

That's 347 cm's for the Naggster or as Daryl would say, Naggnificent

Don't you hate it when you have just written a great long report, you try to add pictures and nothing works, the computer then tells you that contact has been lost, it's not the first time, i may not be quick at getting a long post up but it really guts me and my two fingered typing

Thanks for your kind remarks, Peter4, Richard, Paul, leelee, Trev, Kimmioe, Matt, yes it was a very good feeling to get the monkey off my back after a couple of fishless trips to Mondy firstly with a 106cm then follow it up with quick burst nailing a 100cm, 104cm and a 101cm fish.

I won't go to long as my computer may end up out on the street if i lose this attempt.
    We saw a lot of wildlife, birds in trouble with their nests being drowned in the lake rise, two willy wagtail nests and a black duck lost the lot, some time after the attached pictures were taken.

Then there is BR65 a fishing machine, 17 hour days, you need to be ultra fit to do that and we discovered his secret, rise in the middle of the night when all others are asleep and shadow box for 15 minutes, i tell you, don't get on the wrong side of this one, i have included a pic of Brian and his mate Noel, Brian is the one trying to get the outboard leg deeper into the water.

And to the Naggster, thank you so much for asking me to be your deckie, a good few days fishing was had be it in shocking conditions.

I am still shaking my head wondering how they can ask $34 a night for a powered site and give you a site like the one we had or i guess anyone else for that matter

Cheers,
    John.

Now the pictures.

Excellent work Chris and John,magic photos of anglers at work and wildlife to boot. Nice fish under difficult conditions.
    Paulo

Did i tell you about the rain??? both our tents leaked volumes of water, my stuffed air matress and how hard the ground is when you sleep on it in a wet bed and clothes, mud every where, wheel ruts nearly a foot deep, why do we do that?? only a Barra could make you put up with that sort of crap.

Did i tell you we run into Steve B up the back of the lake in camo gear but we found him, Kimmioe, it may be a new avitar for you, picture under

And also my fish on the brag mat for inclusion in the Mondy Cup score as under.

Did i tell you about the rain, how cold it was, how it run down your neck, down your back, right through and finally past your ankles on to the deck, rain coat on, rain coat off, aarrrrhhhhh how bloody uncomfortable, constantly wet

And, bloody hell, the Naggster could start a fire under water, he may need a petrol tanker but i can assure you he will start that fire. I reckon he should change his sign name to Pyro.

Cheers,
    John.

PS. In the rush i forgot to include my special Mondy Cup sticker in the final picture but never mind the one stuck to the brag matt is visable. Oh yes my score 411 pts.

Some great photos there John . Shame about the wildlife

Mate , I just need 375ml of unleaded to get a fire going

Yes it was wet alright

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO