Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Honda v Kiper v Engel v The rest

Honda v Kiper v Engel v The rest

I am in the market to upgrade from "Smokey" the 800w GMC Gene to a quieter 4 stroke gene in a 1 or 2 kva. Can you please relay your stories good or bad about the above gene's? Not looking to start a pi$$ing contest just looking for honest info.
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

Re: Honda v Kiper v Engel v The rest

Honda or Yamaha are the best 2 I know of. We repair small engines at our work and the cheap chinese products in anything with an engine are trouble.

I have a honda 2 kva never had a problem i use it for work as well as camping thats why i went for the bigger kva it will power the house fridge in a blackout as well as some other appliances ( like the puter so i cant miss out on any posts LOL )

Mate those 2kva Honda's are the ducks guts. Friends of the family do a 6 week camp every year. Running the biggest single family camp you'd ever see. Large tuckerbox freezers, fridges, lighting, TV, stereo. The only time it struggles is at brekky time when they want to use a toaster They isolate everything off for that one but it's good for the rest. Great on fuel and I'd hate to know the hours it has racked up now.

When I'm in the market I know what I'll be buying.

Cheers

Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

I have the Engel2.0i but from before that design got called an Engle, it's not really such a great generator for camping, I found myself not that long ago daydreaming about a Honda upgrade but it didn't even go close to getting past the boss.

cheers fnq

honda all the way! they are the quietest and are soooooooooo reliable and also have a australia wide warrenty, and best thing when ya traveling you dont need to carry ya receipt as they have nation wide computer system with ya details on it. gooooooooooo HONDA!

p.s i got the 1kva and love it! and is quieter than the engel , mate has one and it is a bit louder than mine!

I have a 1000 Honda and I cant speak highly enough of it.
    When I was choosing it was between the Yamaha and the Honda.The extra bits and pieces that they give you plus the warranty was the deciding factor.Very glad I did.

Toddy

I have a Honda Eu10i. Now about 8 years old. Never had a problem. Quiet, uses bugger all fuel. Highly recommended.

Cheers

Steven

I have a 1kva honda,couldnt be happier,not much chop if you want to charge batteries of its 12 volt supplyt.It comfortably runs a ctek 25 amp battery charger and a 60 litre waeco on 240 volt.

Like the others have said - Honda - they are a great bit of kit.

I have had a trouble free seven odd years and they are as quiet as a mouse piddling on cotton wool.

Camboy

Thanks for all the comments about Honda, but does anyone use any other brand they would like to comment on?

you asked for honest feedback, and you are getting it. it appears honda is the favourite and i agree.

first hand experience i have used the engel and honda. ended up getting the honda eu10i and glad i did. more compact, noticeably quieter than the engel and uses less fuel

mine gets used for camping where it runs my engel 40L, lights and a c-tek 15amp charger, as well as the 12v output. also used all over the property for odd jobs. have used an 1150W circular saw no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by wheezer View Post
    you asked for honest feedback, and you are getting it. it appears honda is the favourite and i agree.
    All I was asking was if there was someone who owned anything other than a honda, I agree that honda are a great gene but what if the engel or kipor or others are as good, they are a lot cheaper. The engel has the same honda motor in it so why would it be any different to the honda?

Quote Originally Posted by griz066 View Post
    All I was asking was if there was someone who owned anything other than a honda, I agree that honda are a great gene but what if the engel or kipor or others are as good, they are a lot cheaper. The engel has the same honda motor in it so why would it be any different to the honda?

Because the engel is not a sine wave generator and for nearly the same money a honda you would expect better.
    There are also a lot of mixed reports about kipor...from good for the price to a complete dunger.A honda is a honda.
    I spoke about scorpian generators with a bloke that sold them and his words to me were..."I would buy a honda."
    Like I said from my perspective it was between yamaha and honda.

Toddy