Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Honda v Kiper v Engel v The rest

Re: Honda v Kiper v Engel v The rest

H,

I have a 2kva Kipor, just as quiet as Honda, same fuel consumpion, just as reliable, half the price. Never let me down in 4 years, starts first time. Would not have the same warranty ease as Honda but after 12 months they are on equal status.

I agree Honda is the world leader in inverter generators, but Kipor is Europes biggest seller by far.

Would prefer a Honda but like the Kipor price.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by googarra View Post
    H,

I have a 2kva Kipor, just as quiet as Honda, same fuel consumpion, just as reliable, half the price. Never let me down in 4 years, starts first time. Would not have the same warranty ease as Honda but after 12 months they are on equal status.

I agree Honda is the world leader in inverter generators, but Kipor is Europes biggest seller by far.

Would prefer a Honda but like the Kipor price.

Cheers
    4 years warranty with the Honda
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

Gday grizz looks like you are pleased with the genny , did you get any deals or freebies ?.
    wamjam

Quote Originally Posted by wamjam View Post
    Gday grizz looks like you are pleased with the genny , did you get any deals or freebies ?.
    wamjam
    No deals or freebies just good honest info and no bull$h!t service from the guys at Motor Mecca in Toowoomba, just the way i like it. If they are giving stuff away you can guarantee you are paying for it.
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

Quote Originally Posted by griz066 View Post
    Well I picked up a Honda EU2.0 today and we are heading up to Boondooma for 4 days so I will put it to the test. I went with the 2.0 cos I borrowed a mates 1.0 and tried to run the house fridge in times of blackout and it wouldn't do it. I think we will be very happy with the choice. Thanks to all for the input.
    Griz, get your mate to check the honda 1kva, we run a household fridge and a tucker box freezer along with a few lights with ours no probs

Can anyone recommend a service/repairer for Kipor gennies in Townsville?

Hi. I've got an Engel 1kva which is now 2yrs old and done a fair bit of work. I've had no problems so far. I use it for work as well and would probably go for the 2 next time as it can be a bit small for some applications.

does any one konw much about the maintenace on the hondas when should you change the oil do they have a filter ????

Quote Originally Posted by goanna1 View Post
    does any one konw much about the maintenace on the hondas when should you change the oil do they have a filter ????
    Depends on the use. We only use ours once - twice a year, so we change the oil after every trip. They don't hold much oil so it's not expensive. As for filter as far as I know they don't. Same as your lawn mower.

Pazz

Quote Originally Posted by goanna1 View Post
    50hrs, holds less than 250ml of oil, no filter

ta for that

Sorry mate, just another glowing report for the honda here. I got it to run my tyre warmers at the racetrack, Now i use it for the odd camping trip or we even use it for work occasionally, we took it on site the other day and ran a hammer drill off it to drill 10mm holes in concrete. Mine is only the 1kva, it's done everything I have needed.

I am in the market to upgrade from "Smokey" the 800w GMC Gene to a quieter 4 stroke gene in a 1 or 2 kva. Can you please relay your stories good or bad about the above gene's? Not looking to start a pi$$ing contest just looking for honest info ...

Can't go past the Honda 2KVA ... great for doubling up with blackouts at home for the family fridge etc too ! Probably a bit more expensive than others, but you always get what you pay for in the end ...

Today I bought a 1kva Honda, what a little ripper it is! feels and behaves like quality. Puts my other one to shame, ran an industrial fan and a 15amp smart charger of it today for about 5 hours to hopefully see it past any early death scenario.

You’ve chosen well now when are u getting a Trailblazer fridge
    Make sure u give it a run every month or so, as they don’t like sitting or old fuel as to be expected since they use bugger all fuel [they must have small jets]
    Do some homework on how many watts u are using as u should load it up every now and then
    Even plug in a 500watt flood light [make it do some work] as it will push about 900watts
    While ur at it Google maintenance minder by Briggs & Stratton it’s a great tool for keeping an eye on how many hours u bang up

Regards Darren