Thread: Honda and E10

Honda and E10

A very quick question, getting ready for Yasi and my wife came home with 40l of E10, can i run this in a Honda Eu 20 genni?

Re: Honda and E10

Yeh Mate... no problem there
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

The salesman at the Honda shop where I got my 2.0 said to use straight ULP and don't use E10 so I won't us it in mine.
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

All Honda products are manufactured to take E10 the salesman are trained to advise the use of the best quality fuel available,
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Your only issue will be if previous fuels have left gum or varnish in the tank carby and hoses especially if it has not been drained and fuel evaporated in bowl. This if it exists may be dislodged by the ethanol fuel or some premium fuels.

Look in the empty tank with a torch and see if there is any residues as they would give you a idea. You won't do any harm.

Thanks, spoke to the honda guys yesterday arvo and all is good
    Cormorant, they also said if that happens that i should spray carbi cleaner thru it while its running, would this not clog up any small jets?

Carby cleaner may dissolve a bit of gunk on a jet but the jets in those things are so seriously small I don't like your chances but worth a try especially if they have had sucess before. Some varnish can happen near the jet hole on the carby side . Only do it while it is running and directed at the jets as if done while stopped it may cause a hydraulic lock in the motor when you restart

While running the jets will have fuel running out of them into the throttle body where you spray the carby cleaner so it can't do any harm in a small dose.

Ethanol fuel will probably clean it out if it had anything in there to start with

Just keep the ethanol in a sealed container , constant temp and preferably when all this cyclone is over make sure it has standard fuel run through it with fuel stabiliser if you don't use it regularly amd follow the honda storage details. They have a small sump so fresh oil change is always a bonus for small motors