Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Honda v Kiper v Engel v The rest

Re: Honda v Kiper v Engel v The rest

Hi Darren good advice thanks, I searched around for something that would pull about 600w but those devices are hard to find around the house, I got the toaster out but it tripped so settled for about 300 watts in the mean time, will give it a little scare every now and then.

The manual had no run-in information not user friendly these days i suppose, will look into the maintenance minder.

FNQ,

Great little gennies the Honda - don't what your use is likely to be - but if you intend to take it away camping and run it for extended periods of time - look into making up a "long range tank" for it - basically you get a second fuel cap with a spigot through it - then connect a fuel linefrom the cap to a 30l outboard tank. the onboard fuel pump will suck it through no probs! Some might worry about extra strain on fuel pump?? - but my brother has been running his this way for a couple of years now and all is good and he uses it a fair bit running around out from Weipa on his weekends.

Have run my brothers 1kva honda for a week with this - don't even have to stop it to fill up with fuel as you are filling the 30l tank not the onboard tank - only need to stop to add extra oil as needed.

Cheers,

Moffy

Quote Originally Posted by Moffy View Post
    FNQ,

Great little gennies the Honda - don't what your use is likely to be - but if you intend to take it away camping and run it for extended periods of time - look into making up a "long range tank" for it - basically you get a second fuel cap with a spigot through it - then connect a fuel linefrom the cap to a 30l outboard tank. the onboard fuel pump will suck it through no probs! Some might worry about extra strain on fuel pump?? - but my brother has been running his this way for a couple of years now and all is good and he uses it a fair bit running around out from Weipa on his weekends.

Have run my brothers 1kva honda for a week with this - don't even have to stop it to fill up with fuel as you are filling the 30l tank not the onboard tank - only need to stop to add extra oil as needed.

Cheers,

Moffy
    Top idea Moffy!, shame to spogot the genuine Honda fuel cap, highest quality fuel cap I have ever seen!

You know the deal up here if we loose power this season it might run 24/7 for a week even, a couple days at least, your mod would be very handy to have at the ready.

I have been tempted to buy a 1kva honda. I have a 2.4kva yamaha but its too big to cart around for small camping trips. If they only sold one with a 12v Alternator that was just as quiet I would buy one tomorrow.

PS, if you dont mind spending $30 odd dollars to load it up, head to super sweet auto and buy the twin flood light kit on pole. I am pretty sure they are only $30-$40 odd, but they have 2 * 500W lamps in them i think.

No Worries FNQ - Will ask my brother where he got his from (he bought it set up rather than damage the original) - possibly from e-bay. Google Honda EU10i Extended Run Fuel cap - gives you a start. You'll find some alloy/stainless ones - am sure his is a modified original cap.