Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Honda v Kiper v Engel v The rest

Re: Honda v Kiper v Engel v The rest

Grizz,

Go the Honda.

I have a 20i and travel a lot. Kaven't had a problem and can power my 240 element van fridge if I have to.

Otherwise all the normal electrical bits and pieces.
    240v. Drill, Battery charger on 240v., TV., Electronics etc.
    Washing machine.
    Some times hook up two vans, carefully.....

No toaster or jug but it will do it.

I take you point about the other brands, cheaper yes, but if you are out in the bush you don't want too many problems.

Have fun Haji-Baba

I agree that the Honda is a great Gene and very quiet however, I have a 4 stroke pure sinewave chinese import that has done an admirable job to date. Bought of ebay for $600 (new) and it has not missed a beat. I use it for camping in SE QLD (mainly beach at Double Island, Inskip Point and Fraser Island) for up to 3 weeks at a time. It runs lights, fridges, toaster and microwave (yes it still is camping; anyone can do it tough) no problem. Also use it around home during blackouts (last one was 36 hours). Change the oil every 50 hours running time and ensure I wash off all the salt after each trip and spray with a quality product. Easy start, up to 14 hours running time per tank (depenant on load) and still super quiet.

Have had it for three years now and couldnt be happier. Yep the Honda is good but dollar for dollar, I could buy a few of these for the price of an equivalent Honda. Come with a 12 month warranty from some traders such as the one in the link below.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Silent-Invert...item2a052ce061
    So many fish, so little time!

Quote Originally Posted by shano View Post
    honda all the way! they are the quietest and are soooooooooo reliable and also have a australia wide warrenty, and best thing when ya traveling you dont need to carry ya receipt as they have nation wide computer system with ya details on it. gooooooooooo HONDA!

p.s i got the 1kva and love it! and is quieter than the engel , mate has one and it is a bit louder than mine!
    i have the Honda 1kva also, about 4 years old with nothing over 50hrs and the thing just cost me 170 dollars to fix

Quote Originally Posted by maimai View Post
    i have the Honda 1kva also, about 4 years old with nothing over 50hrs and the thing just cost me 170 dollars to fix

Maimi
    What was it that went wrong?
    I know they dont like old fuel

Regards Darren

Mates of mine has a Kipor generator, they are a lot noiser yeh cheaper I had to clean the fuel bowl out for him and after pulling the cowling off it noticed that components where manufactured cheaply. They have probs with choke as well, don't break the choke lever cause parts are hard to get in 6hie country. Basically through away product after its use by date. Old mate is correct about the engal generators as another mates father inlaw wishes he never bought one due to its sign wave and what watts it can output. You only pay for what you get.

Ok I will put in a vote for the Yamaha. I have the 1kva one and I think you will find that they are quieter than the Honda??? At least thats what I have read and also have a longer run time???

http://www.yamahagenerators.com.au/EF1000iS.html

I rung these guys a few weeks ago and they quoted me $1320 delivered to my door.

I just couldn't bring myself to get one of the cheaper ones for me it was Yamaha or Honda but I rode Yamaha dirt bikes for 15 years and don't have one anymore so she is my yammy

Quote Originally Posted by banksmister View Post
    Maimi
    What was it that went wrong?
    I know they dont like old fuel

Regards Darren
    Hi Darren it was a electronic part where the small L.E.D's are at the front, i can look at the invoice and get the part number if you like and PM it to you

Gday grizz mate Ive been travelling around oz since may last year and generators are a very common subject. Nobody has a bad word about the hondas , Have spoken to 4 poeple that have had there 2600 Kipors back to be repaired . Most poeple that have the chinese ones have stopped working . I was keen on the yammy ef2000 but went for the honda 20eu because they had a good deel at the time and the honda has a longer run time . Both honda and the yamaha are only 1600w with 2000w max .
    wamjam

Quote Originally Posted by bdaearth View Post
    Ok I will put in a vote for the Yamaha. I have the 1kva one and I think you will find that they are quieter than the Honda??? At least thats what I have read and also have a longer run time???

http://www.yamahagenerators.com.au/EF1000iS.html

I rung these guys a few weeks ago and they quoted me $1320 delivered to my door.

I just couldn't bring myself to get one of the cheaper ones for me it was Yamaha or Honda but I rode Yamaha dirt bikes for 15 years and don't have one anymore so she is my yammy
    Quieter than a Honda!!!? Must admit for me this is my most important criteria all other things being pretty much even.

Would like to hear both running at the same time on full draw and eco/light draw.

if you have not already purchased I got a cattledog of some description in the mail just lately ....with a special on the Yamaha...let me know as i could chase it up.

cheers fnq

Well I picked up a Honda EU2.0 today and we are heading up to Boondooma for 4 days so I will put it to the test. I went with the 2.0 cos I borrowed a mates 1.0 and tried to run the house fridge in times of blackout and it wouldn't do it. I think we will be very happy with the choice. Thanks to all for the input.
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

Mate,

At the end of the day, if you are happy with the choice and it suits your needs, consistently performs as you want it to, without a rattle or a whine, you have a good choice! A bit like wifes when you think about it.
    So many fish, so little time!

Well I am very impressed to say the least, 2 lights on from dusk, 1 engel all day and night, charging rechargable fluros etc, the Honda ran for 14.5 hours on 4.5 ltrs of fuel and was super quiet.
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

Im jealous, not allowed to buy one cause they are bloody expensive and the one i have doesn't do enough work anyway ....not the point!

You need to be firmer FNQ,put ya foot down !!!!!!!!!!!!

Steeler

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    You need to be firmer FNQ,put ya foot down !!!!!!!!!!!!

Steeler

Yeh sleeping on the couch and cooking your own dinner isn’t that bad:cry: