Thread: stolen trailer from alberton

Angry stolen trailer from alberton

some bastard needed my trailer more than me, it was last see at 7am at the alberton boat ramp on the logan river gone by the time we got back to the ramp at 12:45pm

type: swiftco silver , white wheels, leds lights, dog chewed right mud flap,

rego: CL1271

any info ,, mark@sunstaterollergirls.com

mark

Re: stolen trailer from alberton

I can see that we are going to have go the full circle, bring back the days when they hung thieves.

Mark

Thats just a F#%$#d thing to do..

Always dreaded that happening after a day on the water.

Dont know what I would do...

I agree bring back the lynch mob..

No tow ball lock? or did they go to great lengths to get it?

Sorry to hear that some lowlife thinks he can just take a short cut to ownership of what he wants. Be on the lookout for someone after a boat to fit on it now!

Hope insurance covers it for you.

Cheers
    Chris

yeha had a pad lock on the tow ball hitch , must have either cut teh lock or the latch.
    i had the sfatey chain on there as you do ,, but they left the d shackle (which is a bit rusty and you need plyers to get it off ) so i think they cut the chain

So how did you get your boat home?
    Having a trailer stolen is my biggest fear. being left high and dry would totally ruin your day

another boatie pulled up to put in his cruise craft he offers to put my boat up on his trailer and tow it to his house jsut around the corner ( at least there are some good people lrft in this world) intros are done info exchanged he put in on the grass in his front yard

its home now had a mate with the same size tinnie so we dumped his on the grass went and got mine from andys house back to my house pit it on teh grass in my front lawn the back to put my mates boat back on his trailer
    big mess around

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

heading back to the ramp its allways in my head (i hope my trailers still there)when i here this it makes me sick, the day will come some one gets caught and then two people go to jail, the thief and me for breaking thier legs what a low low act im sorry mate but we'll look for that chewed mud flap.
    hilly

hey boys, don't rely on that tab cast into the tow hitch. it's cast metal so one good whack with a sledgy or a lumpy and it just busts off. lock your safety chains to your towbar if anything and maybe try one of those thingos that clamps over your hitch and clamps it to the towbar/ball.

this is my biggest nightmare too, coming home to no trailer.

my mate came back to spinaker public ramp after 5 days out over new years to find his lock tab thingy smacked off and safety chains on the ground with nothing attached to the car. i guess someone must have disturbed them.

best of luck with tracking your trailer down.

I think best to try and "paint" some rust holes / marks on it.. the rougher it looks the less chance of this happening.. Still I think hanging is too good... unless you hang by the nuts...

Steve

My sympathies, Mark. That's certainly a low act! There are some filthy scumbags around - I had my outboard knocked off this week...crab pots are too good for 'em. Unfortunately, one or two ratbags really ruin it for the rest of us who work hard and buy the gear to get out on the water :-(

Who's buying all the stuff that gets knocked off, that's what I want to know? Maybe If it wasn't so easy to get trailers, boats etc re-registered it might cut down on a bit of this. Perhaps there should be an area of Ausfish where members can upload images of all their boating gear with rego details etc - like a member database - that could be passed on quickly to the police/marine dealers in the event of something going wrong?

Jimbo

I can't believe the amount of stolen stuff on this website, It's discusting the amount of crooks in this small world.

Jimbo thats a great idea lets hope steve takes it on board, even if you had to pay a one off fee to have the info posted on here i would do it

Quote Originally Posted by gr hilly View Post
    heading back to the ramp its allways in my head (i hope my trailers still there)when i here this it makes me sick, the day will come some one gets caught and then two people go to jail, the thief and me for breaking thier legs what a low low act im sorry mate but we'll look for that chewed mud flap.
    hilly
    More like you'd go to jail and the thief would get off and then sue you for his broken legs. Don't you just love our justice system. NOT!!!!!!!!!
    Too many do gooders out there protecting all the wrong people. Bring back capital punishment
    Grow old disgracefully

This has to be the worst act ever, I hope that the boy's in blue can recover your trailor and the insurance party helps out.

I had ,a way off idea.... What if these trailors are stolen to ORDER?? What if it works out like this. One scumbag places the order for a trailor the other scumbags go out to collect.

What I'm trying to say is their might be a RING for this type of thing.
    So what's to stop us from putting out feeler's in the right places for the right hits.
    Drop hints, say at the pub or where ever just to see if we could raise interest.
    Tell these Mugs I want a trailor of a description and see what happens.

once you've made connection leave it to the boy's in blue, if you do half the work for them they can act quicker, that's what I've found in the past.

See what I'm thinkin is These guy's are Fast. They know what they want, they know just how to get it and most of the time they show a little organisation, It's all Pre-Med.

The average bloke of the street would bugger around for hours before they get your unit. You'd arrive back at the ramp with some grub still on his knees. TOO SLOW. That's why I reckon they are pro's.

It doesn't just stop with trailors it's the whole rig if the money and the right words are spoken. Here's a little story for you, My dear old dad lost two Honda four's, from his tinny, locked up in his double door work shed.

These scumbags on the first trip unscrewed the colour bond sheeting from the shed to gain entery to steal the first motor.

The second visit by these scumbags was impressive, they gained entry to the shed via the shed side window They took out the window frame and all.
    And there goes the second Brand New Honda.

The police report was chilling the sumbags got past dads dogs because on both occasions their was heavy rain which helped dampen scent and noise . The police were making enquiry's into the insurance company for a leak. Meaning That another motor is ready and waiting for the taking Scary but true.!!

All this could lead you two a sindicate of some sorts who know's.

It's time to bust up that circle. Just even if you crushed one. that would be a good day for all.

That might ease that gut wrenching feeling, Is my Rig still here when you walk back to collect your vehicle.

Hope you get back out there soon

Gav.