Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North Qld this weekend

Re: North Qld this weekend

Nah - some of the boys went out Saturday and came back with some nice crays. Haven't had a chance to catch them up to find out what the water was like re vis. Water was filthy around here so I went up to the swimming holes and relaxed in the cool instead of the murk. Saturday was like glass - you must be p*ssed off!!

yeah mate Pissed off is an understatement considering a mate went out and got over 50 fish (line fishing) and i am now in brisbane for 6 weeks and can't go till i get back... i think the vis would have been pretty good.. we could see the bottom in 6m of water where we were fishing and it was only 5km off shore..

Nidrac.

yeah surprisingly the water was very clean down this way as well, I would've though with all the fresh draining it would have been like coffee. Though i have also heard rports that the water coming over the dams and weirs is also very clear, and there is much hype that the jungle perch numbers should increase quite a bit this year which is good to hear

Yeah it supprised us when we came home at low tide there was fresh water coming out of the creek for a good 2-3km's but it was all really clean/clear water, made spotting the sand so much easier.. not the normal merky stuff that you normally get after big downpoors, more like running freshwater creek systems..

Went about 35km out and the vis was at least 20 metres so you missed a good day!

haha yeah thats always out luck... best days when we can't go.. did you get many fish or were they pretty quiet??

Nidrac