Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Rain in Spain (Opps Mondy)

Re: The Rain in Spain (Opps Mondy)

Quote Originally Posted by Magela View Post
    When we were living up at Monduran we were told by sunwater that because of the shape of the [eg Funnel] that when the lake is 100% that 1 inch of the suface area can be close to 10% capacity and as the water level dropps down the more lake level hieght = less % lost

Cheers Foxie
    Thanks Foxie ...... I thought as much - particularly when you see the height of the spillway ( how far to go before she starts to run over ????)

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

By history 1972 over 1992 over so whats that another two years
    Cheers Foxie

Chris, Pepper was an island late last week.

Chris/Shane - we're heading up tomorrow....are there any particular spots you would like us to investigate and report back on while we're there?

Pete & Kyle

Have a good safe run Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Chris/Shane - we're heading up tomorrow....are there any particular spots you would like us to investigate and report back on while we're there?

Pete & Kyle
    The whole dam guys - no mate , just look forward to your report

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

By history 1972 over 1992 over so whats that another ten years
    Cheers Foxie
    Your maths sucks Foxie Doesn't that mean it will be over in 2012 by your figures? You should be my accountant I bet 5 inches still means 8 in public

Cheers
    Paul

PS your avatar is starting to scare me. I hope it doesn't give me nightmares
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    Your maths sucks Foxie Doesn't that mean it will be over in 2012 by your figures? You should be my accountant I bet 5 inches still means 8 in public

Cheers
    Paul

PS your avatar is starting to scare me. I hope it doesn't give me nightmares
    No wonder I'm not making any money
    Thanks Paul have fixed

Cheers Foxie

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post

Pete & Kyle
    Have a Great trip Pete & Kyle....Look forward to your Report and what you are bound to find in your travels.
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Whitto,
    We are getting all our rain coming down from the north, lake only up 5.5cm in 24 hours but could start rising faster again with the rain we are having now.
    What we need now is some strong wind to keep the oxygen in the water.

Cheers Foxie
    The rain followed me home from Innisfail last weekend John.......Lots more to come.......Your right about all the new fresh flowing in, without Oxygenated water and rotting vegetation fishing is going to be interesting........Hitting the Runoff inflows would be the best bet possibly.

As the water rises it's lifing and floating a few good logs of the bank, suggest people might have to take it a bit easy speed wise first thing in the mornings. Mick
    AS THE SUN SETS ON THE HORIZON I BID YOU A FINE FAREWELL

Quote Originally Posted by King_Kong View Post
    As the water rises it's lifing and floating a few good logs of the bank, suggest people might have to take it a bit easy speed wise first thing in the mornings. Mick
    Good tip Mick, they are a bit like Icebergs. plenty more around them than what u see on the surface.

Pete.

Update Monduran rose .055 metres in a 24hrs from the 16/02/10 -17/02/10
    and in the last 24hrs 17/02/10 -17/02/10 the lake rose over .518 so inflow has increased greatly and still a lot more rain coming today

NOW 43%

Cheers Foxie

Thanks Foxie......Happy Days ahead......That is an extrodinary amount of water......You will now need to call in your GPS Fav spots.

Somewhat slower day today Rain wise at Mondy......I would think the runoff would continue for a few days yet.......Reports from Pete Kyle and Brian will be interesting......If the bottom end of the Dam isn't dirty (should be getting that way)......I think they will do well.