Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 12v LEDs for under gunnel lighting

Re: 12v LEDs for under gunnel lighting

Looks terrific opti....compliments a fantastic job on that rig.

Any specifics about the lights would be appreciated such as where u got them, how many led's per m etc.

Coz i fish a lot at night i'm leaning toward running two sets side by side under the gunwhale around the deck...a red and a bright blue. Lesser strength red for night vision when fishing and a much brighter blue for when needing plenty of light and at the ramp or not fishing.

i got mine from dave at east coast marine electrics at the gold coast city marina,he has all colours in stock ,just work out how long you need it ,he has the end caps and joiners too.
    im guessing the leds are every 25mm,cheers dave

12V 10m rope light wired recently.

Went camping on the wend( left early as it pi##ed down the whole time)
    Mate was using a strip led same as these and the bugs loved em. Could have sworn that I read about them not attracting bugs. Anyone actually know if its only a certain colour or just someone trying to upsell the product.

I have only seen these ones in person - http://www.bushranger.com.au/Flexibl...rip_Lights.php

60 little tigers in one metre and bright as all get out. Not he cheapest. These are very light, very thin and have 3m self adhesive tape on the back. Mounting would be very easy and in very tight spaces. I would be keen to go the cheapies for my use - but can you easily cut and solder the bestofhongkong cheapies?

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Quote Originally Posted by dunny View Post
    Went camping on the wend( left early as it pi##ed down the whole time)
    Mate was using a strip led same as these and the bugs loved em. Could have sworn that I read about them not attracting bugs. Anyone actually know if its only a certain colour or just someone trying to upsell the product.
    Off topic but, I thought that any LED colour lights didn't produce UV light and that's why insects and moths weren't attracted to them ?????