Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 12v LEDs for under gunnel lighting

Re: 12v LEDs for under gunnel lighting

I recently installed a set from boatlightfishing. They are not the cheapest but they are excellent quality. Link below:

http://www.boatlightfishing.com/

Cheers,

Cam.

Those Boatlight brand ones...when switched on is the total length turned on ?
    I have been thinking about something like these also but don't want the entire place lit up like a Xmas tree..would take ages for eyes to readjust. Just need something birght enough for these aged and weakening eyes to be able to see to re-rig.

Go the red Greg. It does not upset the night vision.
    The Boatlight ones are all lit upin one go by the looks.

If you want to try some red ones I have some here that I can post up for you.
    I think they're around the 300mm long but can come in lengths up to about a metre.We use a blue one about 1/2m long for the squids. We chuck thewhole length into the briney so they're waterproof I'd say.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by timddo View Post
    Dude here is a link

straight from ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Car-Blue-72-L...item27ae5e0077

Cost is bugger all. I have had 2 on my boat for the last 2 years. Just getting a few more
    Hi timddo

Took your tip and ordered some of the white ones,delivered in 6 working days and are excellent value.

Cheers

Steve

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Im installing Hella marine DuraLED lights. at $255ea and i needed 4 it hurt the wallet a bit . they come with a 5 year warrenty.

boatlightfishing.com.au call ron on 0429293486 better than the chinese crap around

Quote Originally Posted by flattyfinder View Post
    boatlightfishing.com.au call ron on 0429293486 better than the chinese crap around
    I'll second that Flatty..
    You won't find as good a led system as these... Their the ducks nuts

http://boatlightfishing.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by timddo View Post
    Dude here is a link

straight from ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Car-Blue-72-L...item27ae5e0077

Cost is bugger all. I have had 2 on my boat for the last 2 years. Just getting a few more
    Mine arrived this afternoon, quick delivery. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flattyfinder View Post
    So where are their L.E.D.s made?

LOL Mike..you aren't suggesting they are made in China are you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    So where are their L.E.D.s made?
    The package is made to Ron's spec's in the US... Then once there here in Aust, every package is hooked up thrown in the pool and tested....

The kits contain all the wiring (tinned) and each LED is about 3" long and is linked to for a chain off LEDs from 4m to 8m... The chain can be cut and lengthened so you can customise your lighting they way you wont it...

The LED are virtually indestructible, there a solid resin construction and water proof.... Hence why their tested in the pool....

Jaba_
    First things first, even though the LED strings may be put together in the USA, I would be gobsmacked if the LED lights themselves were manufactured outside of china. Scales of economy and all that.

The lights I have used are bought from a chinese company direct, and I used my own tinned wire, soldered and sealed them myself. I can assure you that they are NOT "crap" as you imply, and are an outstanding qauility product and a fraction of the cost.

Just because a product is made in China doesnt mean sh*t. Granted you can get good and bad, but you have to do your OWN homework.

Quote Originally Posted by Volcano View Post
    Jaba
    First things first, even though the LED strings may be put together in the USA, I would be gobsmacked if the LED lights themselves were manufactured outside of china. Scales of economy and all that.

The lights I have used are bought from a chinese company direct, and I used my own tinned wire, soldered and sealed them myself. I can assure you that they are NOT "crap" as you imply, and are an outstanding quality product and a fraction of the cost.

Just because a product is made in China doesn't mean sh*t. Granted you can get good and bad, but you have to do your OWN homework.
    You might want to go back and read my 2 posts on this subject, and tell me where I have implied that yours or any other LED light is crap.....

Sincerest apologies Jabba_, it was in actual fact flattyfinder - you simply seconded his notion that chinese LED's are crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Volcano View Post
    Sincerest apologies Jabba_, it was in actual fact flattyfinder - you simply seconded his notion that chinese LED's are crap.
    I second his notion simply because I have looked for months for some high quality LED strip lighting.. Checked every thing from Ebay, Super cheap, every boating shop in my area and on line, even lighting shops... And the best gear I found was at Boat light fishing.... For the money you spend with them, you will get more for your buck then anywhere else, and the quality is top notch, and there super endurable... You can litury take a hammer and screw driver and belt it with that and you wont be able to brake them all that easerly...