Thread: "CHECK 4WD" light in 07 Rodeo

"CHECK 4WD" light in 07 Rodeo

My light has come on in the dash board when I was changing from low4 to high4 and now stays on. I have checked the fuses and all seems fine there. Anyone know the fix, other than the mechanics.

I may have been a little hasty with the buttons

Cheers
    Chris

Re: "CHECK 4WD" light in 07 Rodeo

Sounds like it has thrown up a fault code.

I would google on how to remove fault codes from your make and model.

If it comes back you may need to take it to someone with a diagnostic tool to find out why it keeps coming up.

neil

bloody button change you actually managed to change from 4w high to low ...awsome....... i always had to neutralise mine ..hold 2wd and 4wd low for at least 10 sec then neutral lidht comes on then either high or low ...a real pain in the butt .... could try that to see if it wants to reset it .. good luck

I think its a shame that the days of the old Lever shift transfer box seem numbered, (hopefully all the traditional 4wds will stay that way). I cant help, good luck with the trouble shooting

Disconnect the battery for 10 mins or so should reset the light, if it comes back on you still have a problem

Buttons to engage 4WD, wtf, I like my Hilux, pull the lever and light or no light I know it's in 4x4. Another reason why I'll keep the old girl for a few years yet.

Craig

Yep...

Cant beat a clutch and 2 gear levers.

My dictionary defines green as ‘unripe, immature, undeveloped'. Perfect description.

Most political parties are seen as interested in what the voters think, the Greens are seen as thinking the community should be interested in what they think.

Gentlemen I can not stress the importance enough of NOT!! disconnecting the battery for any period of time unless you have the programing to reset your canbus system ,the majority of vehicles are starting to use it these days and it is expensive to have it reset,as for your problem I cant help as I,m not familiar with your model I say this as Holden started using canbus in approx 2007 and IF! it uses it and you disconnect the battery with out the proper shut down procedure you will end up towing it back to the dealer for reprogramming or resetting. good luck
    THOUGHT OF THE DAY

Live life like a dog,If you cant eat it or hump it ,
    pee on it and walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by snasman View Post
    Gentlemen I can not stress the importance enough of NOT!! disconnecting the battery for any period of time unless you have the programing to reset your canbus system ,the majority of vehicles are starting to use it these days and it is expensive to have it reset,as for your problem I cant help as I,m not familiar with your model I say this as Holden started using canbus in approx 2007 and IF! it uses it and you disconnect the battery with out the proper shut down procedure you will end up towing it back to the dealer for reprogramming or resetting. good luck
    Sounds like good advice to me.

It is at the dealers as we speak as a warranty issue along with it's 50k service, fingers crossed.

Cheers
    Chris

I believe you made the right decision Angla,I would be very interested to hear about the outcome of this problem ,I have only ever had problems with this model after having an incorrectly wired trailer hooked up to them,when it has blown the 4x4 fuse and locks them into 4wd low.
    THOUGHT OF THE DAY

Live life like a dog,If you cant eat it or hump it ,
    pee on it and walk away.

The official word from Holden workshop is:-

CHECK 4X4 LIGHT COMING UP ON DISPLAY
    CHECKED FOR FAULT CODES AND RESET 4 X 4 SYSTEM, OWNER TO MONITOR.

NO CHARGE.

I just hope I take my time in future, especially if I am on a good hill or in a bog.

Cheers
    Chris

I'd seen this before on another list#
    try this if it happens again

> Module under drivers seat. Reset using paperclip and failing that replace

> with new one.
    > Very common fault.#

#
    If You Can't Run With The Dogs....... Stay On The Porch