Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rapala X RAP (Barra lollie or waste of money)

Re: Rapala X RAP (Barra lollie or waste of money)

Well IMHO I have to say they are a fantastic lure, the finnish is second to none and the way you can work em with the action they display well good also. Maybe they have a small fault in that they arent as robuss as say a b52 but chucking 24 bucks every cast is a little more ..um directed...

Yes they are alittle pricey of the shelf but fishin has some cost and hey as long as the misus dont find out ya sweet!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Well IMHO I have to say they are a fantastic lure, the finnish is second to none and the way you can work em with the action they display well good also. Maybe they have a small fault in that they arent as robuss as say a b52 but chucking 24 bucks every cast is a little more ..um directed...

Yes they are alittle pricey of the shelf but fishin has some cost and hey as long as the misus dont find out ya sweet!!
    Well were about to find out Nath.......If this rain has had any effect on the water and its inhabitance, were about to put them to the test along with the usual suspects and modified lollies......hang on girls were on our way.....The Hat.....Wobbleheads and Deckies.....Horse whispers......a Simone......and a Sydney Bream Fisherperson....... Obi-Wan.......Teflon man...... Silverback, the list is endless
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Chris, have you given any thought to the Husky Jerk range?

They come in both deep & shallow up to 14cm.

L&S make some indestructable suspending lures that require rod action, worth a look at.

Quote Originally Posted by 2manylures View Post
    Chris, have you given any thought to the Husky Jerk range?

They come in both deep & shallow up to 14cm.

L&S make some indestructable suspending lures that require rod action, worth a look at.
    Hi 2ml ..... how have you been ?

I've got a couple of HJs ...... but only had limited success .
    There are plenty of twitch baits that catch barra - & you can make a fair few suspend.
    Those X Raps just seem to have the right profile ( round & long) Cast brilliantly , great flash & have sonic signature that entice barra

........ From what I've experienced , Its not uncommon to be working various Hb's or plastics in an area - then switch to a XR and be onto fish ( no this isn't a advertorial ) - Its certainly a confidence thing gained from the outset - Took 1 to Awoonga on my very first trip - we were catching plenty of barra on slick rigs - changed to an X Rap .... & got monstered ( broken leader) - carried one ever since ...... then last winter I really got to see their effectiveness.
    I just wish that the tail area was strengthened

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Been good thanks Chris.

BTW congrats on a good year fishing the tournament scene

It is unfortunate the yanks don't make many lures for tough Aussie fish.

B-14 Bombers & Smithwick suspending rogues are in a similar boat to the XR's with the ar&e blowing out.

Have a look at the Rapala Long Cast series, same profile as the XR, actually I can email you some pics if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by 2manylures View Post
    Been good thanks Chris.

BTW congrats on a good year fishing the tournament scene

It is unfortunate the yanks don't make many lures for tough Aussie fish.

B-14 Bombers & Smithwick suspending rogues are in a similar boat to the XR's with the ar&e blowing out.

Have a look at the Rapala Long Cast series, same profile as the XR, actually I can email you some pics if you like.
    Are you talking about the Max Raps Attachment 55648 ....... If not yeh , i 'll love to have a look.

chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Are you talking about the Max Raps Attachment 55648 ....... If not yeh , i 'll love to have a look.

chris
    No Chris totally different lures. I've sent an email with a couple of pics.

The LC series or Long Cast as they're called are timber lures with rattle which acts as a weight transfer system.

They come in three sizes 8, 10 & 12 cm only and in a rather limited colour range. I just went and had a look on both the Rapala World & US sites and it would seem they've stopped making them.

It's a shame as they're a great lure for some Aussie applications.