Thread: Best Technique to Wake Up Bass

Best Technique to Wake Up Bass

Read all the posts regarding slow retrieves, motor noise, different techniques and locations and fishing deep water, however putting these into practice doesnt appear to increase my catch success.

After fishing Lostock Dam for 5 hours yesterday from daybreak to only account for 2 bass I am wondering what is the key to increasing my catch rate. I know this location is tuff, the sounder indicates the fish are so thick you could walk on them. The pros seem to go OK when they fish this location in a comp, what are they doing different?

I know every fishing day is different however when the basics of good water clarity, the times right and a high barometer exist there should be a reasonable chance of success.

Look forward to some thoughts and comment.

Re: Best Technique to Wake Up Bass

You are flogging a dead horse at Lostock. Too much pressure since the comps started and not enough stocking. Plus a lot of fish go over the wall into the Patterson. You will do better in the river, but watch out for the legless lizards.

If the fish you see on your sounder are shut down try targeting some other fish edges maybe, (but come back and try the school every couple of hours though). Lake St Clare is a better option as Lockstock is often tough.

I have mates that regularly hit Lockstock and almost always get fish.

Different dam that one to most impoundments and the fish in it are much different.

Maybe a change of tactics could help. Maybe using techniques and lures reserved these days for bream only, might just help

Cheers

Lee

PM sent mate
    Cheers

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by leelee View Post
    I have mates that regularly hit Lockstock and almost always get fish.

Different dam that one to most impoundments and the fish in it are much different.

Maybe a change of tactics could help. Maybe using techniques and lures reserved these days for bream only, might just help

Cheers

Lee
    Hi Lee

Are we talking about something like a Jackall Chubby or smaller here. I have thrown the odd Beetle Spin with SP attached but havent persevered. This location is such a scenic spot and good striking distance from Claro I would be wrapped if I could get the fish to be more cooperative.

Louie