Thread: Fishing leslie this long weekend

Fishing leslie this long weekend

fishing leslie this weekend,

mostly lures, if i can get my hands on some shrimp i might give them a go.

havent fished leslie since 2000 and there's a fair chunk of water missing since then, are there still any deep holes about ? Any structure ? the water tank stand used to be the sure thing but its about 20 feet from the waters edge these days.

as for lures, few of the local blokes put me onto some spinner baits, lipless cranks and some bibbed floating minnows. anything else that i should give a whirl ?

Re: Fishing leslie this long weekend

i havent fished Leslie for a few months,
    but always seem to get fish trolling the mail creek bed bewteen the washpool campground and the wall. Just sound out the drop off, which varies in depth depending on the water level. As for lures we normally swim brolgas, boomerangs and hardatits in there with good success. Yellow/green seems to be the better colour from what weve encountered,

Hope you get onto a few,
    Cheers,

Ben

Place is full of weed at the moment and blood worms seem to be working better then the shrimps.
    But all hear say from talking to the old codgers in town.
    You should be able to get shrimps still though, if not at the dam, then in town.

I hope your've got your space pegged. It gets pretty busy over week-ends like thos one.
    I hope you enjoy your trip though
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

finga - some friends of mine have been setting up camp since this morning we have 6 or 7 sites booked i think.

yellahunter - i picked up an oar-gee weepee 3.5m diver in bright green with yellow and black stripes, also have a bunch of slightly larger stumpjumpers in bright greens and yellows with black stripes.

what kind of rods are used for yellowbelly's ? will my 2-5kg raider do, or should i be using something in the 5-8kg range ?

those lures sound good mate,
    just try to get them swimming just off the bottom

2-5kg will be fine for the rod mate,
    theres a lot of fish in Leslie, and althoughg there are large ones there they are small on average. any rod/reel combo will suit out there mate,
    Cheers,

Ben

How did you go??
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good