Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Awonga...Am I forgetting anything?

Re: Awonga...Am I forgetting anything?

Also remember to rig some of those Hollowbellies weedless. Get right up in the weedbeds around Eagles Nest and work close to the bank. Fished the dam last night from 7.30 till midnight. Most actioned heard in amoungst the weeedbeds with some huge boofs, open bays had very little action - bait was even thin.

2 huge smash-ups, one missed hook-up and one massive bust off. DAMN.

Gaz

Quote Originally Posted by poddy mullet View Post
    TOSSIE, Do you reckon the 50lb is to heavy for the troll???

Only my opinion, Poddy. When i first started to fish awoonga it was with 2 abu's spooled with 15 pound mono. Never lost a fish, all fights in open water Got the casting bug and it's a completely different story, lost a lot more than i have landed but it gets those knees shakin

Cheers Shaun

How did you go as i'm heading up this weekend?? Might end up a little wet though.

stevo
    Life begins when you get one!!!

G'Day Lads, well..... we had a ball! Thanks to one and all who gave us westy's a helping hand and a bit of advice on how to get onto a few barra.

Fishing at night on the full moon was the go, with all fish coming at night between 7 and midnight under a huge glowing moon and a massive brilliant body of stars. Between us we managed about 8 barra between 88cm and 101cm. Trolling Oar Gee Barra lures in purple/red and gold chrome RMG poltergeits produced the bulk of the fish. Casting these lures also caught a couple.

When the Australia day boat traffic dwindled away the fish became alot more active, with regular follows on cast hollowbellies.

Thanks to all t Ausfish who helped make our trip a success!!!1 We'll be back for sure!!!

Kind Regards, Pod

Good stuff Pod, congrats mate.

Well done Poddy ...... Great to see that you had Awoonga success

I reckon those yellas & cod might take a bit of a back seat now

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Yes NAGG, agreed..... They pull hard, jump high and just really play up like unregistered dogs!
    My mates and I are already working out a plan to install a state of the art water heating system in our local impoundment so we can introduce them down here..... So far it has been suggested that Standard household hotwater systems at regular intervals around the dam could be the go- our calculations (after about 6 stubbies) estimate tht we will need only about 54, 827 of them..... Wonder if we could get a rebate??
    Pod.

Quote Originally Posted by poddy mullet View Post
    Yes NAGG, agreed..... They pull hard, jump high and just really play up like unregistered dogs!
    My mates and I are already working out a plan to install a state of the art water heating system in our local impoundment so we can introduce them down here..... So far it has been suggested that Standard household hotwater systems at regular intervals around the dam could be the go- our calculations (after about 6 stubbies) estimate tht we will need only about 54, 827 of them..... Wonder if we could get a rebate??
    Pod.
    We talk about IBD - Impoundment barra disorder ........ & now you know why.

I hear that there is a study going on to see if some lake in Victoria could be stocked.

Anyhow .... glad to see that you enjoyed your trip & had some success with some good fish landed

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO