20 29.41%
  • PM / After sunset

23 33.82%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barra PBs ( Time of day )

Barra PBs ( Time of day )

Hi All

Curiosity has the better of me

What time of day have you caught your PBs ...... Pre sunrise , AM , PM , Post sunset ? ...... Interesting to see

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Re: Barra PBs ( Time of day )

My pb came at 9pm

my next best fish came mid afternoon

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

6.28pm...summer time.
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Have 2 pb barra, 1 @ 117 cm and 60 lbs caught at 9.45pm and 1 @ 119 cm and 60 lbs caught at 10.30pm same night at Prossie dam.

Cheers, Bobj.

Personal best 1.03 @ 1030am on the same day a 1.10 @ 1100am.

Many years ago at Monduran around 0830am I boated 4 barra all around 92/98 out of one spot........What amazed me was I went back to the same spot the next day around the same time 0830am and nailed another 4 barra all under a meter.(proberbly the same Barra)....... Happy Days.
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

My PB 114cm at Callide (just before the big kill) at about 10am...

Cheers Baz

May 2007 - 2pm - 125cm
    May 2007 - 1.20pm 121cm

different stats (mean anything or not?? who knows)

Size groups 80cm to 95cm - majority 3-8pm
    95 to 125cm - 6am-11 am and 1-5pm.....only a few after dark, generally on really hot bite days where its firing.

These are Monduran figures only...I didnt include Awoonga from 2006 and prior, coz it was all 3pm to 11pm fishing.....ooooh the memories! awesome nights!

Interesting, I seem to do OK in the AM when I do get my ass outta bed! as a % of fish vs size vs overall fishing hours...(I mostly fish arvo just out of convenience...and laziness!)

there are exceptions, but greater numbers in these times vs size catagories.

bit of statistic mumbo. thought I would share.

Cheers Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    6.28pm...summer time.
    About the same time the 'livewell' contained ice only!

My biggest 3 were between 9am and 10am.

Interesting figures so far - I would have liked to have much more info in the poll (actual hour) ..... but this good.

This was born out of a conversation I had on a plane while flying back to Brisbane ( funny how reading a fishing magazine acts like a beacon ) Anyhow basically we were talking about catching big barra ....... & was it associated with after dark seems common to see big barra photos taken of a night !
    So ..... most people would remember when they caught their best - So I thought I would ask you guys. The next bit of info I would be interested in was the time of year

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

That's easy for me to remember Chris.......It was Stifling Stinking Hot....I ended up Dehydrating myself...... which set the trend for that evening Rehydrating with a suitable beverage
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

For me I have a equal best 123 x2 so for the first last year was around 11 am the second well Nagg knows 6 pm , the other 120 + fish I got was 12 noon in a rain storm....

Funny I was wondering this same thing, and time is not a big thing yes we tend to catch a few at the peak fishing time between 4am and 11 am then where lunchin it, and get a few more between 3 pm and 11pm I do agree there are more active fish in these time due to temprature fluctuation and bait movement but they are there and triggers can happen any time....????

My personal best was hooked at 5.30pm in june. My pb of 123 in Monduran was caught at 7am. Of the 15 that I have caught over 120cm only 3 of them were daytime fish, the other 12 were after midnight when everyone else had gone home and the dam was all quiet. cheers scott.

Quote Originally Posted by vet View Post
    My personal best was hooked at 5.30pm in june. My pb of 123 in Monduran was caught at 7am. Of the 15 that I have caught over 120cm only 3 of them were daytime fish, the other 12 were after midnight when everyone else had gone home and the dam was all quiet. cheers scott.

Thanks Scotty ...... though you are a known "night stalker"

interesting stuff

chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

my pb is still a baby 103 from awoonga 10.30am......i keep droppin all my good fish at mondy, but all have been daylight hours...lets hope things change in a few weeks time... ..
    prinny.
    God put me on earth to accomplish
    a certain number of things,
    right now i am so far behind
    i will never die.