Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Barra for Beginners Brochure

Re: Barra for Beginners Brochure

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    Valid and good points you make Dale...evidence-based.

How do you simplify this then? Version 3:

Remember to buy a Stocked Impoundment Permit where you are required to....it helps to stock the dams you choose to fish....

Or do we just forget about a reference to SIP? Although no reference to barra above...just impoundments that require a SIP.

Trying to get this right boys and girls, but remember one thing....you don't need the message cluttered with data to get a simple message across....
    Your on the money now Paul in my view......with Dale's good points we can sometimes suffer from Tunnel vision and forget about other species.....Thanks for that Dale......I don't think Matt has the luxury of adding much more to this already great document......Excellent stuff.
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Do you really need to make reference to the SIP ? - You need one at most barra dams & the signs at the ramps will indicate so.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Yep, I reckon include a comment on SIP, this is aimed at the beginners (title), and the number of people I speak to about impoundment barra fishing have no idea what a SIP is, means, costs, does, is mandatory.
    As the thread is about impoundmen bara, and I believe all stocked impoundments where bara are present require a SIP, what about

"A Stocked Impoundment Permit is required to fish for the mighty Barramundi in our dams, and funds generated go back to stocking the waterways"

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Yep, I reckon include a comment on SIP, this is aimed at the beginners (title), and the number of people I speak to about impoundment barra fishing have no idea what a SIP is, means, costs, does, is mandatory.
    As the thread is about impoundmen bara, and I believe all stocked impoundments where bara are present require a SIP, what about

"A Stocked Impoundment Permit is required to fish for the mighty Barramundi in our dams, and funds generated go back to stocking the waterways"
    What about Awoonga (not required)

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Do you really need to make reference to the SIP ? - You need one at most barra dams & the signs at the ramps will indicate so.

Chris
    I think if people are reading about SIPS required at the Ramp tends to make it a bit to late.......people are not going to turn around and head back to the Kiosk to get a permit......" I'll get it later" on may way home (forgotten).......every time I book in at Monduran I'm asked if I have a permit even though the know me...(A good thing).....I would be a better idea If Matt can include it on the Document if he has enough room.
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    I think if people are reading about SIPS required at the Ramp tends to make it a bit to late.......people are not going to turn around and head back to the Kiosk to get a permit......" I'll get it later" on may way home (forgotten).......every time I book in at Monduran I'm asked if I have a permit even though the know me...(A good thing).....I would be a better idea If Matt can include it on the Document if he has enough room.

I think Whitto is pretty right, most crews have permits prior to hitting dams...the scheme has been around long enough, that most understand the process. I would doubt there would be many newbies to barra lakes that haven't been to another lake previously and know the system..most outlets that supply SIP explain the 'tick the box' anyway to everyone.

I have heard a roumer that Foxie has pre-ticked 'monduran' on all his SIP's!!! ..before the FEDS get called, this is a joke!

If there was room, I would have 'dont forget your mandatory SIP, the funds go back to re-stocking'

Cheers Steve

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    What about Awoonga (not required)

Chris

I stand corected mate!
    There you go, tunnel vision on Monduran

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    I stand corected mate!
    There you go, tunnel vision on Monduran
    Fair enough

........ Whitto has a point - even saw it happen 2 years in a row on the ABT - (Competitors not having a SIP - incl one well known fishing writer)

Maybe we can just say - Do you have your valid stocked Impoundment Permit (SIP) ?
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Cheers guys, I forgot to mention SIPS or size/bag limits. I'll add something.

Thanks for all the positive comments, and the photo submissions.

Peter and Kyle get back from a Mondy 3 dayer tonight, so we'll put our heads together this week to wrap it up.

The first run will be done on plain A4 on Peters colour laser printer at his expense, which I think is very generous.

If we want to go glossy, it will cost money. I want to keep it non-commercial, but I'm guessing these things will go quickly from campgrounds, and tackle shops. So we will need funding if it is to be kept going. Any suggestions?

Anyway thanks to Pete for making this happen.

Cheers,

Matt

Thanks for all the input everyone. Matt (the wordsmith) & I will now produce the initial prototype which Rob & Kelly (Monduran Kiosk) and Foxie have already agreed to promote and display.

We should be able to have supplies to them by my next Mondy trip in Feb!

BTW where should these be made available for Awoonga fishos?

Pete

Thumbs up Re: Barra for Beginners Brochure

Many QLD Dams require a 'Stocked Impoundment Permit' (SIP) to fish. They are readily available from local Tackle Shops, Dam camping offices and from the QLD.gov web site. It would be embarrassing and expensive to get caught without one; besides the money helps put the fish in the dams.

Do the right thing and have a nice day .

-oOo-

As has been said plenty of people plan big holidays, some come from interstate, (some stay ) I think it helps to know these things in advance.

Daryl

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Just a thought for funding how would you go hitting up the places that rely on barra fishing (Lake Monduran ,Awoonga,Camp Kanga, The local guide on that dam, Takle shops) for a hand out towards the cost of these prints or is that
    getting to hungry. Do you have a number or cost of the prints you have in mind.
    Cheers
    Gav