Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Milky Condamine

Re: The Milky Condamine

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    Chong that looks like one of the holes on Toston. Is that where it is?
    Hi Sheik,
    pretty close to Toston .

John,
    we will be on the banks in.....42 days from today, but who is counting hopefully sandflies and mozzies have calmed down by then

Cheers

miles chinchilla and tara are all out of insect repelant, citronella candles, oil everything, all thats on the shelves are surface spray and cockie baits.
    ive got chook mesh but its outside and i cant get to it LOL

We went out to yalarbon on the weekend, and the mozzies took a couple of pints out of us also. They did dissappear after the old one two, aeroguard.
    When we pulled up and stired the grass up, we were attacked. They even bite through our shirts. Maybe we should have used them for bait. We recon they wernt scotch grays, but murry grays.

Cant wait to see some yellowbelly pics come up. If not soon I will have to fly down from Cairns, dodge the mozzies, and hopefully nail some ! LOL!

John let me know when you do come down maybe we could find some fish together

water is just trickling over the weir now so it should start to settle down soon and we can see if it made a difference to the water clarity

still cant get any repelant so no fishing for now but soon LOL

Haven't you blokes ever heard of the old two 4 gallon kero tins half full of
    Cow Manure set up on the windward side of your camp or fishing spot.

Get a good fire going in the tin drop in the dry cow s--t and enjoy.

Works well around your camp too, if you can stand it, guaranteed to keep the mossies at bay.

This other rub on spray on rubbish only taints your bait.

Heard of a bloke once who sprayed his arms and hands and his bait
    (Blue Mountain Parrot) and caught a big cod.

Somewhere down from Condamine Township.

Enjoy The Mossies they usually only come after a good drop of rain.

Have Fun Haji-Baba

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoor Guy View Post
    John let me know when you do come down maybe we could find some fish together

water is just trickling over the weir now so it should start to settle down soon and we can see if it made a difference to the water clarity

still cant get any repelant so no fishing for now but soon LOL
    That would be great we'll stay in touch
    John

The wier at Surat today

well the rivers have stopped flowin for now havent had anything from Ului either lot of cloud no rain
    will take some pics of the flatend grass and stuff at the weir and Wambo ck

River still flowing at Mates property, not a lot but still flowing.

Sand flies are really bad, they go up your nose as you breath at Surat.

Rossco Do you think you will get out to fish it soon or still too much water at Surat?

A week ago (when I took the Photo's) there was to much water and I don't think it would have changed to much, I can find out for you if you are going out that way.

cheers rossco

Anyone around Chinchilla who can give reports about water clarity in the winter? That started this thread and hopefully we will see a good outcome after the recent floods?
    Cheers
    John

Quote Originally Posted by odes20 View Post
    Anyone around Chinchilla who can give reports about water clarity in the winter? That started this thread and hopefully we will see a good outcome after the recent floods?
    Cheers
    John
    John,
    we will be out there in 28 days for a week, will come back with pics and full update, or if you would like pm contact number and i will call you when we go to condi pub and give you the status on the river.
    Cheers