Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Milky Condamine

Re: The Milky Condamine

didnt get a pic of the picnic table early this morning but it didnt have any water under it at about 615am when i came through at about 10am it was under the table

Hope this works, from property owner today just north of Condamine, we camp about 2 meters under the water

and a pic of the river crossing, some where under that water is a bridge

and another view up stream

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoor Guy View Post
    they must have got there just after i did
    1st is the chinchilla weir at about 6am 2nd is Charley ck walkway at about 830am 3rd is wambo ck about 10am

Hey great pics everyone. When I see that piuc you took of Charleys Crk, mate , does that take me back some years! In 1973 the previous bridge was a little lower and it went under twice in one month First fresh was dirty and second was quite clear sweet water. As kids we would jump off the bridge and float down to the train bridge and grab onto a big rope , catch our breatn and then cut for it to shore. Then we would walk up to the bridge and do it again.

When I started this post I was wondering if the Condy will clear up ever again. Surely after this flood we must have a chance of that?? I hoping so.

Hey Chong heaps of water at Condamine already by the look of your videos!

Cheers
    John

here is another one, its the only vid i can find with no xxxx in it. Again in the 2008 flood.

Hey John,
    yep plenty of water and still more to come, like you i would love to see her run clear again, been a very long time, we will be out there in 7 weeks so i will get pics and vids for this tread.
    Cheers,
    Matt

3 decent rises in warwick in a few weeks, first n last had some roads cut off but the waters as dirty as it could be. think the farmers plowed the flood plains after the first one, now their losing thier soil. natural vegitation in all the flood plains and it not only stops the addition of silt but captures it from the water as well. i guess its food over the enviroment, but something needs to be done.

cheers
    mick

Yes John its looking great and to see the Charley like that is wonderful.
    Im sure the Rocky would have run again as well, it ran earlier and backed up the Charley.
    If the river and tribs cant clear after a flood like this then we will all be baffled. Also its great for the fish to breed, we can stock all we want but these water flows are what really boosts fish stocks long term.
    Cmon Yellabellies!!!
    Flatzie

Looking foward to hearing some fishing reports when this run goes thru the Condy and its tributaries, mind you you will probably need a slug gun to knock down those big sandflies that will be a round! (thats if you have one!)

John

never mind the sandflies these mozzies are as big as chinooks (the helicopter) and they will carry you away if your not inside by 6pm LOL
    driving around you can see some of the water holes clearing
    the wambo was clearing before this last run of water so heres hopein

just goin to bump this up

So anyone getting out to fish the Condamine anywhere yet since the flood?
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Chong View Post
    here is another one, its the only vid i can find with no xxxx in it. Again in the 2008 flood.

Hey John,
    yep plenty of water and still more to come, like you i would love to see her run clear again, been a very long time, we will be out there in 7 weeks so i will get pics and vids for this tread.
    Cheers,
    Matt
    Chong that looks like one of the holes on Toston. Is that where it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Good to see the rains out west again. How much of these QLD floods will end up in the Darling? Not too good on the geography sorry. Just interested to see it flowing near full in my life time.

Cheers

chris
    Yep Chris, we have aplace at Condamine on Dogwood creek and it has been a full flood and filled tthe lagoons on our place, hevent been full for many years. The dogwood joins the condamine on warkin about 70-80km west of Condamine town and the river then becomes the balonne. The balonne joins with teh warrego and forms the darling. Our other place is on the moonie east of st george and the moonie has been in flood there as well as all the local creeks. Dams are all busted up on the place. We still haven't branded out there yet, normally done by January. The problem will be finding the calves; the grass is about two metres high!
    first photo is dogwwod creek, the my nephew in teh buffel, then Kenilworth at Bollon, with the Sevil boys watching something good on tele, that creek is the teelbar, normally runs once every ten years or so, and the lagoons on our condi place

My Dad at Chinchilla told me he has been putting ckook mesh around the house to keep the Mozzies out!
    LOL
    Flatzie

Quote Originally Posted by flatzie View Post
    My Dad at Chinchilla told me he has been putting ckook mesh around the house to keep the Mozzies out!
    LOL
    Flatzie
    They are only small we are using concrete mesh here........... just for the sandflies
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><