Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Milky Condamine

Re: The Milky Condamine

Quote Originally Posted by hkconc View Post
    I threw a line in at the yarramlong weir on wednsday. Pulled 3 euros as well as a 2 lb jew. Still better that sitting around with a broken ankle in front to the tv & computer.
    It had a .500mm fresh in it then, but now has risen to around 1.500.
    Imight have another go tomorrow.
    So how big is the river up around there hckonc?? Never been up in those waters. Does it compare in size to say down a round Condamine town? And do you ever catch any cod that far up river?

John

yer there are cod caught around here, few and far between thou. I do know a guy the has no problum in catching around here thou. He uses set lines but.
    The river is around the same size of that around dalby. Take a look on google earth. I see that the weir has a 1.700 fresh in it today. Check the river hights on the BOM web page.
    Cheers

Here is some pics of the chinchilla weir and undulla ck in Tara last monday ish ( 1st march )
    fist pic is of undulla ck at 545am at the lagoon 45cm over road ( i didnt go to work that day ) the last pic is coming back into town the next afternoon

the weir has risen about 15cm since those pics the log on the wall has since gone

Thanks Outdoor,

lots a water and more coming, still rising in some places according to bom.
    Keep us posted if you get any updates, few very interested folks watching this thread. Keep your feet dry
    Cheers,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoor Guy View Post
    the weir has risen about 15cm since those pics the log on the wall has since gone

OG, that log has been there for a while, I have a pic nearly exactly the same with the weir dry, pic was taken on the 30th of September last year.

I dont know how to put pics up but will forward to Chong to put up.

Cheers

Paul

one log on chinchilla weir.

Great stuff boys, those pics of the water flowing over the wall at Chinchilla are heartening! And to see the good water going down the Undulla, bring it on!
    Flatzie

The river is now above 10 metres at Brigalow just upstream of the Chinchilla weir so thats getting up into major flood figures and the river is still rising at Dalby. So there is a lot of water to come down the river albeit not at once, Incidently the river is rising even at Warwick!
    Also for those in the Chinchilla area or who know those parts I am pleased to inform that the Round Water Hole is full and running ! MUst be 8-10 years its been virtually dry. Anyone at Chinchilla can you get us a pic of it and put it up on here or just email it to me at jjwed@internode.on.net and I will put it up.

This all should make for great fishing on the Condamine ans tributaries this winter and spring.

Cheers
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoor Guy View Post
    Here is some pics of the chinchilla weir and undulla ck in Tara last monday ish ( 1st march )
    fist pic is of undulla ck at 545am at the lagoon 45cm over road ( i didnt go to work that day ) the last pic is coming back into town the next afternoon
    Hey Outdoor guy an ychance you can get more pics of the weir tommorrow as she is going to peak a few metres higher than these shots. I have family out there so I will try and get them to do it for me as well
    Cheers
    John

Good to see the rains out west again. How much of these QLD floods will end up in the Darling? Not too good on the geography sorry. Just interested to see it flowing near full in my life time.

Cheers

chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

no worries odes will take some this arvo on the way home from work,if i make it to work that is LOL

The way I understand it Lovey80 all this water goes down the Darling so such a flow should push right thru to the Murray seeing it all got the big run thru from the Dec- Jan floods in NW NSW. Everyone should be happy hopefully

John

Her are some pics of the Condy at Chinchilla today . It is still rising as I write so ir will probably peak over 9 metres. The picture of the grassy waterhole is in fact what is known as The Round Waterhole whish is a popular spot just out of Chinchilla town to the east. It is full and has not been so for 10 years. A lot of old timers have great memories of swimming races, fishing and picnics down thru the years. It is approx 25 ft deep.
    Cheers

John

they must have got there just after i did
    1st is the chinchilla weir at about 6am 2nd is Charley ck walkway at about 830am 3rd is wambo ck about 10am