Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Milky Condamine

Re: The Milky Condamine

Yes, John, I have viewed the site. Very interesting.

I live 20 minutes south of Toowoomba and we only got 14.5 mm rain from yesterdays falls, but I see Warwick got 26.6 mm. According to the weather bureau Warwick has had 32.6 mm this month with 90.4mm evaporation and in January had 78.8mm with 208.6mm of evaporation! How does that work? Is it evaporating out of the rivers & creeks? Toowoomba has had 59.6mm for Feb and 55.6mm for Jan. I have had 73.5mm this month. Not brilliant falls for this time of the year, but better than the last few months last year. More to come, hopefully.

Regards Eleanor

Quote Originally Posted by fishel View Post
    Yes, John, I have viewed the site. Very interesting.

I live 20 minutes south of Toowoomba and we only got 14.5 mm rain from yesterdays falls, but I see Warwick got 26.6 mm. According to the weather bureau Warwick has had 32.6 mm this month with 90.4mm evaporation and in January had 78.8mm with 208.6mm of evaporation! How does that work? Is it evaporating out of the rivers & creeks? Toowoomba has had 59.6mm for Feb and 55.6mm for Jan. I have had 73.5mm this month. Not brilliant falls for this time of the year, but better than the last few months last year. More to come, hopefully.

Regards Eleanor
    Ive been watchung the radar today, Sure hope it is as good down your way as it looks.
    I checked the BOM Condamine River Heights Bulliten and there are rises in the river and some tributaries all thru the inner Downs. Hope it amounts to a decent flow

John

http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDQ60293.html

I live at Pittsworth and often go out to the yarramolong weir. The water dosnt take long for it to clear up after a fresh, about two weeks or so.
    I have fished the condermine at condermine and have wondered why it is so milky.
    Just south of the township of condermine on the surat road is a lagoon. It is also milky and full of yellas I am told. I havnt fished there myself.
    I know a guy that went there a few years back and filled a heshion bag in a few hours.
    Maybe I might go out and have a go, seems I now got a broken ankle.(thanks to my violent neighbours)

news on tv said we had about 40mm here in warwick in an hour yesterday, looked about right.

river got high enough to cut a few roads off so it all helps.

cheers
    mick

HKCONC, good to hear that the river clears up up your way and yes there are some great lagoons sth of Condamine town.
    I fished below that little town all my childhood and a lot since with my Dad. Great fishing over the years.

Hearing these reports of rainfall is encouraging. Hopefully ther will be enough water to flow out to Dalby. Then if there is another set of good falls we might get some to go right thru.
    Cheers
    john

Wambo creek just north of the crossroads was flowing begining of the week went over it on the way homethis arvo and it is starting to clear by the looks so as it has been said on this post it looks like it clears up after a good flow. Thats the problem i guess its been very dry here for a long long time so after some decent rain and as long as we get more we might see it clean again then maybe i can get my lures out and dust em off LOL

The yarramalong weir is over flowing once again for the past week. About a 1.500m fresh again. They had good rain around allora about a week ago.
    Might be time to drop the tinny in again.
    I guess the cockies will have to start their pumps up some day. They got to make a living some how.

Hey have we all noticed this big low pressure weather system in central Australia at present?
    The predictions are for big rain in the south east this coming monday and Tuesday. The pic attached is of the computer predictions and the millimetre range
    What do you think?
    John

Quote Originally Posted by odes20 View Post
    Hey have we all noticed this big low pressure weather system in central Australia at present?
    The predictions are for big rain in the south east this coming monday and Tuesday. The pic attached is of the computer predictions and the millimetre range
    What do you think?
    John

Hi John,
    just spoke with old mate at Condi, yep getting rain and predicitions went from 20 to 80mm in the next day or so... the river has been running at his place since x-mas a first since i cant remeber, water not clearing but still some more will flow down yet. Place should be as green as a bull frog
    Cheers,
    Matt

It is its as green as not goin to work today flooded in at Tara, lagoon is over road about 500mm deep.since 2pm monday we've had 95ml its 645am tuesday and water everywhere,table drains are like lakes,hopefully this is whats needed to clean up the rivers

Big rain in Roma as well local flooding around the town will get worse as the rain isn't easing up at all.

cheers rossco

I wish I was down there to see all this .

I am living in Cairns at present but have been talking to my DAD at chinchilla and it pelting down at present all over the Downs. BOM site is saying major flooding already beginning from Surat down and also the site shows condamine river rises around Dalbly to chinchilla at present. Great News!

Please keep up the reports

John

Photo's of Roma's floods
    Last edited by rossco; 02-03-2010 at 03:13 PM. Reason: to add attachments

Hi! Rossco,

Bit wet out there? Great stuff, hear the roads are closed in places.

Good to see the old river get a run. Wonder how far the water will get before it is pumped our or diverted.

Have Fun Haji-baba

Out Out