Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: The Milky Condamine

Re: The Milky Condamine

Looks like a serious flow down the Condamine at present. 12 metres at Brigalow Brige. Its amazing that their was no major flood in this system for 13 years till the big floods of 2011 and now we have this great flow again. I fished Chinchilla over Christmas New year and the river was looking beautiful, full of fish. This will just keep that condition pristine.

Come May you will have to stand behind a tree to bait up!
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

My brother is slightly pinged off because he saved over twenty catfish, yellas and a couple of bobbies, transferring them from one hole in our local creek to the billabong off the Dogwood. Dogwood came up so high the creek flowed in so all his beautiful clear water from local runoff has been pushed out by the Dogwood flow (too thick to swim in, too thin to plough).
    But he was whinging about the season two weeks ago! Five inches later...

Ha yep! Good thing that cloud burst at Chinchilla happened a week before these floods hit. As always with floods it's a case of "who would have thought"?

Disapointed to hear there has been a fish kill above the weir at Surat with the fresh ( cold water), hundreds of dead fish so I have heard with some big cod amongst them.

Oh thats not good, keep us posted if you get any more info Rossco

Cheers

Big cod lost on our strech after the flow, dead on bank , but thats mother nature. Hoping to get out around May after everything calms down a bit.
    Cheers

thats terrible news, sorry to hear that.

Two major flooods thru the system! The river will be pristine for the winter fishing.

Rumour getting around they fished a big cod out at Surat bridge (still alive,just) in the fish kill about a meter and a half long, heard the pub is getting it mounted to put on the wall.

Cheers rossco

Out to Condamine to fish the creeks. Mainly consists of killing carp and throwing the yellas and catties back. River could be clean up toward Chinchilla way but dirty as at condi so I've heard. Anyone got further info on that? Supposed to be something about the gassies and the water they're using meaning the river cleans up between condi and jilla jilla.

bump bump bump

so has anyone got any reports ,whats happening at chinchilla and the condi any fish

The fishing has been hit and miss from the reports that I have been hearing, mate was above the weir at Chinchilla last week for nil and nothing at Condamine on weekend, get the odd one around Surat on the right days.
    Thinking when it warms up it will be better.

Cheers rossco

what a great thread. how lucky are we to have such a might river like the Condamine, home to some great fishing. I am only 17 but i know how important the river is to all of you and too me. Lets hope it returns to its glory days soon so the next generation can enjoy as much as you can

Good on you Murrayfella! wish I was 17 again. I have fished to Condi all my life, I live in Cairns now but grew up in Chinchilla. The river is in great condition again as compared to the last 15 years,
    At Chinchilla the fishing above the weir is brilliant with lures, spinners, etc. especially now in the warm months while the water remains clear.
    Its rotten with yellowbelly up there. Have a go at it. Read my post on the other yellowbelly thread on here at present and note my primary method.

Cheers!