Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: The Milky Condamine

Re: The Milky Condamine

upstream of chinchilla weiris clear to about 6 inchs and has settled alot since easter, look great but i had no luck on saturday on spinnerbait for the two hour session.

Fished below Condamine over Easter Chong. WOuldn't say it was clear but it was clean and absol beautiful. The flood has scoured all the crap off the banks and river is just flowing through. We got heaps of little catfish, bobbies and the odd yella out of the dogwood and 150m yellas out of the Condie. Also took probably twenty or so carp out of the system from 100mil to 3kilo. Old goanna up on the bank couldn't believe his luck!

we are confirmed, trip to condi, 9th -13th June taking a few AF's this time, should be interesting to say the least. Hope the river and weather play the game but should be right, hope for a frost too, bring on the cod .
    Cheers

Hopin to get a trip below Condy at the end of May. I am so looking foward to see the old river scoured out.

maybe a couple of yellas?

I really hope so.

Chong AFs?? Whats that??

Excuse my ignorance

John
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

ausfishers
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

John,
    leave some for us look forward to report hope you get some fish.
    Stuie got it.
    Cheers

Ah yes!

Im a bit slow today. ha Ha!
    John

took some pics of the chinchilla weir and the clear water running over and at the base of the wall
    note the colour of the water not milky

Outdoor,
    That river looks friggn great, thats the best ive seen it in many a year. We will be there in three weeks and counting, cant wait, thanks for the pics, got me pumped now, cant wait.
    Cheers

This is great news!! We all have been discussing this issue on this thread for so long and now the old girl is finally clearing up after these awesome floods.

I will be down there at chinchilla from Cairns next week fishing the Condamine.
    Hoping for a few yellas!

John

Quote Originally Posted by odes20 View Post
    This is great news!! We all have been discussing this issue on this thread for so long and now the old girl is finally clearing up after these awesome floods.

I will be down there at chinchilla from Cairns next week fishing the Condamine.
    Hoping for a few yellas!

John
    Don't think there'll be too many problems if you're hoping for a frost. What is it again? First full moon after the first frost after Easter? Pretty cold out there this week. Down to 2 or so. Rellies from Newell visit out there so I know what I'm talking about when I say bring a jumper! That water looks soooo good. Look after the river boys, and good luck with the trip. Looking forward to a report.
    regards jim

Your not wrong about the cold Sheik last monday morning ( 16th ) it was 2 degs at 6am in Chinchilla

Yeah mate, that's chilly. Especially on a four wheeler checking cattle!

Just been corresponding with a friend on Facebook and she said they are getting some great yellowbelly in the river, but not sure where. Sounds good!
    Flatzie

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    Yeah mate, that's chilly. Especially on a four wheeler checking cattle!

ouch that would have brought it down to -2

BRRRRRRRRR

hope you had your trusty Ausfish beanie on that would have kept you warm