Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: The Milky Condamine

Re: The Milky Condamine

Hi Guys,
    here is a pic before and after the flood of our camp site

well been fishin a few times since the water went down and all im catchin is Carp, big ones to so at least some of the big breeders are out of the water
    i think maybe the yellas are still tryin to get back upstream

Yeah mate, I''d say they're about at Narrabri going hard to get home before state of origin time.

I know a few kids camped out at the Yarramalong weir last weekend. They caught 30 carp and 1 yella. The camp ground out there is covered with 1.000 of sand. Only the tops of the concrete tables sticking out of the sand.

just for a update the Chinchilla Weir is very clear upstream of the weir, very nice to see i think that it was all the warwick water. have not caught any fish but that may change if i can get down there tomorrow morning on spinnerbaits

Thats the best news since we started this thread last Jan. Kevin ! Did you catch any?

Thats great news Kevin if i can find a spare day i will have to go there.
    Sheik no not at Narrabri had a fish there last week for nil, altho the locals said they were catching a few.

Cheers rossco

no luck on the spinnerbaiting front but it was a great morning on the river, it seems so much more alive at the moment, alot of bug activity and seen a carp i think tailing in the shallows, so they are still there.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin jackson View Post
    no luck on the spinnerbaiting front but it was a great morning on the river, it seems so much more alive at the moment, alot of bug activity and seen a carp i think tailing in the shallows, so they are still there.
    I would so love a pic of the river upstream as it clears
    Cheers
    John

well we had some good rain in the last few days and the weir is running over again .but its a nice steady flow, no fish to report,although a few weeks ago did catch a couple yellas 37cm and 39cm nice fat fish so they are nice and healthy.
    but caught about a dozen carp to get em and big ones to.sorry no pics the missus dropped me phone in a bucket of water and its all good but the camera dont work now " bugga"

water came up preity high last weekend but went down just as quick still havent had the chance to have a fish but soon i hope

Was at Condi ten days ago before the 6 inches in town during the footy game against Qld Police. River even then was still flowing but pretty much the same colour it's been since mid nineties after the big drought finished. Dogwood was flowing too very gently at Pine Hill.

Still waiting for some yellowbelly pics?

John
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Hey guys is it still clear enough for lures above the weir at Chinchilla?

Cheers rossco

Hi Fellas,
    any update on the river's condition? we r thinking of going out in 6 weeks or so.
    Cheers