Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: The Milky Condamine

Re: The Milky Condamine

got these in today via german backpacker

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoor Guy View Post
    Water level is right up to the Greenswamp road turn off
    Thats massive. All the floods I saw when growing up out these were pretty much in that gully further down the road. 15 + metres is a lot more water than 13!
    Cheers
    John

Thats amazing. never thought I would see the day of the water that high. On another note, just how did you extract them pics from the back packer. I have heard of them fishing trips before. lol

Hey outdoor guy, I have deleted the photo of the new houses under water but I am told it was in Camron street.

first pic i took is Cameron street
    i think he was pullin your xmas pud my friend
    no water in that street and it is 2 streets over from me

you may be right John Charley ck is very clear at the moment still a lot of water runnin through it but very clean
    as soon as i can get to the weir i will post some pics

The boss and a few of us are goin to head out to Condi pub in the next couple of days to give a hand in the clean up so will take some pics there as well

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoor Guy View Post
    you may be right John Charley ck is very clear at the moment still a lot of water runnin through it but very clean
    as soon as i can get to the weir i will post some pics
    As a young 14 yr old in the seventies, we had two floods thru the Charleys within 2 months of each other. The first was dirty like most floods, but the second was a good flood but the water was sweet and clearer . I believe this is the same now. We got on tubes at the older Chinchilla traffic bridge and floated the full flood down to the weir where the charleys and Rocky join. It was great fun, but by the sounds of it we would get arrested for the same act today.

Ha Ha!! cant do tubes, cant own a gun, cant shoot a shanghai, cant set off fireworks, pretty lame world we live in today!!
    Cheers
    John

Quote Originally Posted by odes20 View Post
    As a young 14 yr old in the seventies, we had two floods thru the Charleys within 2 months of each other. The first was dirty like most floods, but the second was a good flood but the water was sweet and clearer . I believe this is the same now. We got on tubes at the older Chinchilla traffic bridge and floated the full flood down to the weir where the charleys and Rocky join. It was great fun, but by the sounds of it we would get arrested for the same act today.

Ha Ha!! cant do tubes, cant own a gun, cant shoot a shanghai, cant set off fireworks, pretty lame world we live in today!!
    Cheers
    John
    Can't help but agree with you John. I know it was silly but I had to laugh at those 3 littlebuggers that tried to float from Ippie down to Southbank on pool lounges. That's guts! And apparently they were about half way there when someone pulled em out. Spoilsports.

I was speaking to the old man last night, he said he can't remember seeing Charlies Creek so clean. Like tapwater he said. This could be good, I might start bringing a baitcaster and a handful of spinnerbaits out there when I visit.
    Speaking of the swimming in flood water thing, my brothers and I tell our Mum some of the things we used to get up to in the flooded creek out there and she goes white ! We were crazy little ferals with no sense of danger.
    So shines a good deed in a weary world
    - William S Shakespeare and William S Wonka_

hkconc im sorry mate you were right i just heard from a ses person that there was a surge of water go through Cameron st wasnt a metre though more like 800mm and only 2 houses were really affected,came up to the garage doors,it only lasted about 3 hours went as quick as it came,it happened about 4 in the morning so no one really new about it,except your mate obviosly

rain rain go away come back another day
    well i could get over the weir bridge on saturday (8th) got all geared up on sunday to do some much needed mowing on my block in Tara and the water came back up over the bridge again
    ive been helpin with the cleanup in condamine as well and tomorrow (11th)im suppose to go and do some patchup work at the pub there but will have to see if i can get over the bridge before the water rises

The water came up to the hand rail in Sheiks Pic

Well they opened the road at the weir yesterday,it looks like a fire or something has gone through the place all the grass and small trees are brown or black with mud its all dead looking

well here are some pics of the condamine river at condamine
    you can see the water and mud stain on the trees
    the water level under the bridge is about 4metres
    pics taken on the 29th jan