Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: The Milky Condamine

Re: The Milky Condamine

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoor Guy View Post
    pics today of the Chinchilla weir and where i was fishing a week ago but 20 metres from the edge down the bank
    When I was a kid I used to slide down that thing sitting on a hessian bag, when the water was running about an inch over. I've got a very nice scar running up my side from a piece of old rough concrete sticking out about half way down.....didn't feel a thing til my mate spotted blood all down my leg !!!
    Doesn't look very steep in the photo but we used to really get some serious speed and make a huge splash at the bottom.
    So shines a good deed in a weary world
    - William S Shakespeare and William S Wonka_

Quote Originally Posted by Little grey men View Post
    When I was a kid I used to slide down that thing sitting on a hessian bag, when the water was running about an inch over. I've got a very nice scar running up my side from a piece of old rough concrete sticking out about half way down.....didn't feel a thing til my mate spotted blood all down my leg !!!
    Doesn't look very steep in the photo but we used to really get some serious speed and make a huge splash at the bottom.
    Hey I remember doin that as well, but we ended up using a huge tractor tube with at least 8 of us teenagers on it, especially when there was a bit of slime on the spillway.
    We would all get on it and bounce on it at the top to get it planeing and then we would absolutely fly down! When she hit the water it would bury way deep and then bounce back and hurl us off in every direction.

Awesome fun! great memories.
    Cheers

Here is the lastest pic at our spot, put in the one from march as well to compare

Quote Originally Posted by odes20 View Post
    Hey I remember doin that as well, but we ended up using a huge tractor tube with at least 8 of us teenagers on it, especially when there was a bit of slime on the spillway.
    We would all get on it and bounce on it at the top to get it planeing and then we would absolutely fly down! When she hit the water it would bury way deep and then bounce back and hurl us off in every direction.

Awesome fun! great memories.
    Cheers
    Yep we did the tractor tube too !!! having a couple of mates spinning the tube before letting it go over made for a hell of a ride. Going flat out with the thing spinning you didn't know which way was up .
    Thanks for the pics Chong...there's some serios water going through there.
    Could make for some tough fishing.
    So shines a good deed in a weary world
    - William S Shakespeare and William S Wonka_

Quote Originally Posted by Little grey men View Post
    Yep we did the tractor tube too !!! having a couple of mates spinning the tube before letting it go over made for a hell of a ride. Going flat out with the thing spinning you didn't know which way was up .
    Thanks for the pics Chong...there's some serios water going through there.
    Could make for some tough fishing.
    Hey I wonder If we were on the same tube!!

Sounds dreadfully the same experiences to me . The whole spinning thing as well.
    I will PM to you
    Cheers
    John

Isnt AF great, you two could be old mates .
    LGM, i will get some more pics when out on site and will post on return tue 26th.
    Might take a tractor tube, sounds like a blast . (might end up in NSW )
    Cheers

6 days later

might be some more water coming from the top of condi, i recon will take 6-7 days from Warick to get to Chinchilla, so we should have plenty of water next weekend???

already started Chong up 3 foot since saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Chong View Post
    Isnt AF great, you two could be old mates .
    LGM, i will get some more pics when out on site and will post on return tue 26th.
    Might take a tractor tube, sounds like a blast . (might end up in NSW )
    Cheers
    Hey Chong

Not only are we mates but found out we are related as well thru marriages and know many of each others family members !!

Cheers
    John

Quote Originally Posted by odes20 View Post
    Hey Chong

Not only are we mates but found out we are related as well thru marriages and know many of each others family members !!

Cheers
    John
    Six degrees of separation

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoor Guy View Post
    already started Chong up 3 foot since saturday
    mmmmm, ive been watching it, 1m up at brigalow since monday, so we should be at approx. 5m, thats 2m over bridge will make very interesting trip. Just hope the ground has dried out.
    Cheers

John could have told you who LGM was, we have been known rellies on AF for a few years, he is my wifes cousin.
    Yeah those were the days!
    Barry

Hi Boys,
    well we went and had heaps of water, no fish , but a good time. here a couple of pics and a vid. Not much else to report, but river mud is slippery and sticky when it rains .
    Cheers

[FONT='Times New Roman','serif'] [/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][FONT='Times New Roman','serif'] [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

yeah gotta love that black soil Chong