Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: The Milky Condamine

Re: The Milky Condamine

The water looked to be flowing backwards. Maybe it was just the debris being blown by the wind. Looked to be flowing fairlly fast thou. Im sure the farmers wouldnt have started up them big pumps with that little flow, but then again, who knows?

Hey Boys,
    more water at condi (see attached), what a great year so far for the system, this is really going to help the fish and bring the old girl back to life .

Might have to organise a quick weekender very soon
    Cheers
    Chong

So Chong where on the river was that pic taken ??

Quote Originally Posted by odes20 View Post

I'm looking forward to seeing Chongs response of where this picture was taken

maybe we have a comp to see who can guess where the pic was taken??

Cheers

Paul

Ok, well its like this you go down road and when you get the turn then its not that far really cause if you get to the you have gone too far, but you would know that as the looks really bad so you would do a u turn head back a bit until you get to the as you just went passed it. hope that helps
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Chong View Post
    Ok, well its like this you go down road and when you get the turn then its not that far really cause if you get to the you have gone too far, but you would know that as the looks really bad so you would do a u turn head back a bit until you get to the as you just went passed it. hope that helps
    Cheers
    Yeah thanks for the heads upon that Chong! Ive been there No! Just jokin.

Dont want to know your locations just wonderd like is it below Condamine, or below chinchilla, dalby??
    Just a generalization . Im just curious about the river running backwards

Cheers
    John

Yeah thanks for the heads upon that Chong! Ive been there No! Just jokin.

Dont want to know your locations just wonderd like is it below Condamine, or below chinchilla, dalby??
    Just a generalization . Im just curious about the river running backwards

Cheers
    John
    Hey John,
    just jokes, its below Chinchilla weir. Not sure about the river running backwards, from my 35yrs of going to the one place and seeing the river run lots of times, it always goes one way. Its running now and i hear that Origin is going to let 20megs a day go some where near Weimbilla Ck.

I think we will be heading out with the old boys in about 4 weeks too good an opportunity not to go, keep you guys posted.
    Cheers

Good stuff Chong

I will be at chinchilla for a week from the 26th so I am looking foward to getting out in search for a feed of yellas with my Dad.

Cheers
    John

Good run in the river at present. Im at Chinchilla and there is 600mm running over the weir , so that translates to about a 6.5 metre run thru. It reached about 7 metres at brigalow just upstream. I was goint to go out on saturday but t will be a bit high so i will have to try the Charleys creek instead

Cheers
    John

Yeah John,
    i have been watching closly on BOM, we are supposed to be out there in three weeks??? hope no more rain and the river drops to about 1m would be good. Just waiting for an updatet from the property owner, i think he has been a bit busy .
    Cheers

This should make for some interesting fishing in two weeks if it stops raining and we can get there

the pic is from march this year

Might take the 6m platey for a spin

pics today of the Chinchilla weir and where i was fishing a week ago but 20 metres from the edge down the bank

Man that looks wet hope the ground at least drys out

Charleys is getting pretty high too, and I see more water is coming down from the top of the Condamine from up Warwick way. All good.
    Check this link

http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDQ60293.html

yep, ive been keeping a close eye on bom. should have some pics in the next few days from the property so we can see what we are in for. I recon it will be similar to the flood tour in 08. Heaps of water....