Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Milky Condamine

Re: The Milky Condamine

two Days To Go!!!!;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d

happy , Happy , Joy , Joy

You chucking a BIG KEV ????????????

Careful ya don't weld ya jeans to ya............................

LP.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Gday all,
    Today I popped the boat in at the weir in Chinchilla and hooked up a few yella and of course the evil Carp.
    pics to follow
    Pete
    "" Hello ? .... Yes Dear, just throwing out the left over bait ! ""

Exclamation Re: The Milky Condamine

CARP MOMENTS BEFORE IT WAS DESTROYED

Note the orange on the fins ?
    We caught 2 almost identical at the same spot within 30 mins of each other !

Milky Condamine ?? Hell yes with these pest slurping around!

These buggers are PROLIFIC !! :cry:

I think my May Day Holiday wil = Carp Kill Holiday

I used corn kernals as bait, 1.0 long shank chemically sharpened Mustard Hook, 4Lb line, no sinker and simply dropped the line in 2 meters from the bank.

Pete

"" Hello ? .... Yes Dear, just throwing out the left over bait ! ""

Thanks Pete
    glad to hear you caught a few yellas?
    Any pics of them and what did you catch them on?
    Any pics of the river itself as well would be good or in the background

Cheers
    John

Went fishing between Surat and Condamine caught about 20 yella's mostly bobbing in the shallow running water also about 20 big carp up to 12lb they were a good fight on light line lost a few bankside hate to see them get away.

cheers rossco

Hi All,
    well back from tyhe bush, trying to get back into work and stuff. I have not done a full report yet but here are some pics of the wier and river. Water was clearing slowly but still murky, temp on surface was high between 22 -24c so fishing was slow. We did manage a feed with a dozen or so yellows and one good cod 75cm. Two carp for the week plus 2 catties and one very stupid turtle. The river was still flowing only just but heaps of small fry in the river, give it a couple of seasons and the place will be rock'n.
    Cheers

Well good on you Chong! Looking foward to the report. Hope you have a pic of that cod?

Cheers
    John

bump this up

Anyone catching yellas or cos in the Condy. Love to see some pics.

Going out to the Barcoo and Coopers Creek next weekend to fish for yellas. 4 - 5 days relaxing by those grand old streams . The camping will be great fun in itself.

Cheers
    John

Interested to know if there's any fishing in the river near Warwick? Up there the other day and the river through town has some nice looking spots but muddy water. Then some other parts that looked almost stagnant. Anyone tossed a line in near town or towards Killarney. Am going to retire there and am reasonably familiar with the dams but not the river.

Sorry cant help there Grumpah seems like not much fishing happening or not many fishos on ausfish at present to report their catches. Im off to the Coopers and the Barcoo on Sunday to experience yellowbelly fishing in those real inland rivers

Cheers
    John

fished upstream from the Chinchilla weir on sunday John but not a bite have heard there catchin em furthur up near Archers crossing and below the weir couple hundred yards

Dont let the stagnet water fool you. Quite a few years back, we went down to the condermine delow Cecil plains. The water was green as and only ponds around 50 meters long. When we threw the lure across and you could see the yellas push a bow wave to the splash of the lure. We caught around half a dozen or so before they went off the bite. I wouldnt eat them as they were full of sores and were in poor condition. It also proves that the more noise you make, the sooner they go off the bite.
    We would walk up to the next hole and same again. We had a great time and caught about 20 yellas. And this was done in the middle of the day in the middle of summer. 40 degrees and a carton of stubbies later, we went home after a big day pouring concrete earlier in the day.

My brother John and I went out to the Coopers last wek and the water there was pretty muddy too, although I think these waters are pretty much like this all year round. We caught heaps of small yellas, Barcoo grunter and a catfish that some guys were calling butter jew, very small eyes and little mouth right underneath, not like the catfish or jew further east. No sign of big yellas, not one over 32cm.

But we had a great camp etc and enough fish to eat while there.
    So not too sure why the bigger fish were absent, we were visted by the local cop one evening and he told us he has confiscated 30 nets in 5 years since he had been there, all of them out of the water. Also told us he investigated one camp too late and found 200 yella frames on the bank in one spot. Unbelievable!

So the milky western rivers get a hammering no matter which way you look at it. And now people are pushing to plant cotton in the channel country....heaven help us!
    Flatzie