Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The Milky Condamine

Re: The Milky Condamine

Quote Originally Posted by Chong View Post
    John,
    we will be out there in 28 days for a week, will come back with pics and full update, or if you would like pm contact number and i will call you when we go to condi pub and give you the status on the river.
    Cheers
    Will we be going to the pub though.........NO NO NO NO YES!!!!

Probably be able to give a few reports if you are going to do them from the pub!

27 days to Goodoo time.

Cheers

Paul

Hopefully you can produce a good goodoo tale Paul, I'd even be happy to hear of some nice yellas I wish you all the best for your trip. Are you going above or below Condamine town?
    John

Quote Originally Posted by odes20 View Post
    Hopefully you can produce a good goodoo tale Paul, I'd even be happy to hear of some nice yellas I wish you all the best for your trip. Are you going above or below Condamine town?
    John
    John,
    we will be above condi town, about 8 klm give or take. hopefully we can produce a tail or two. last trip we got couple good cod and some nice yellas.
    Cheers

26 days till lift off

Looks like they are getting some more rain, and some to come....

The fishing should be good with the flows that we have had, don't get to sick guys.

cheers rossco

Rossco,
    we will be right no no no yes and looks like they got another 70mm plus today, that should keep the river up and the fish will be busy before it gets to cold, fingers crossed.
    Cheers

Bump!!!

With the usual geteway over Easter Im sure someone out there caught some nice fish from the Condamine. Tell me how you fared ?
    Cheers
    john

Bring your lures out guys there is alot of creeks clear enough for lures atm.

cheers rossco

Rossco,

The lures are packed, I don't really have a lot of experience with freshwater luring but willing to give it a go. Have one hard body (Oar Gee) and another funny looking spinner bait.

Will be giving these a go in a few weeks time and hopefuly may get a hit or two or with any luck a fish.

We will generally be fishing the Condi but anything is possible, which creeks are you talking about?? We will be about 7k's or so north of Condi township.

We head off in a couple of weeks for a week, I'm sure that Chong will put up a report with selected pics and a lot of BS to go with it.....same old story.....what happens on tour stays on tour. I have only been out a couple of times but assure you could write a book on the fishing, camp fires, camp oven cooking, shooting and other unmentionable goings on!!!!

Any tips Rosco on lure selection would be appreciated.

WATCH THIS SPACE!!!

Cheers

I think you may be getting excited Paul. What is it now,,, 14 more sleeps.

Cheech, I have been excited for three months.

Hopefully you will give me a go on your YAK, bloody great idea to take that, hopefully there will be enough water in the river to do a bit of exploring.

I think that they have had a bit more rain out there last week, so maybe a top up is on the cards.

Actually Cheechie, Iám packed, finished packing on the weekend, just waiting for my motorbike to arrive so i can see if it fits in the trailer or the ute, once that is done just a case of packing the trailer and car and LAUNCH!!!!

Cheers

All the creeks around Roma are very clear so i'm asuming that they would be around Condi as well. Any mid-small size lure should work as it has been that long since they have seen lures out this way (celta's, cheap jackal copy's, spinnerbaits & hard body work).
    Here a pic of a little yella that i caught this morning.

cheers rossco
    Last edited by rossco; 12-04-2010 at 06:56 PM. Reason: update

Good stuff Rossco, nice little yella.

That is a fairly large lure you are using too by the looks of it, that little bloke must have been hungry.

With any luck there will be a few fat hungry cod hangining around the snags where we fish.

Thanks for the pic and lure advice.

Cheers

Paul

7 Days to go boys...get your gear ready

At this time of the day I'm going to call it for 5 days to go!!!

or

432,000 seconds
    7200 minutes
    120 hours