Thread: Ever gone for a fish and diddn't?

Ever gone for a fish and diddn't?

Well why not we always here of stories of fish in its lime light, but yesty I went for a solo trip to treck a fish down anyhow got to the ramp backed the boat in and went to start her up nothin!!!

Brand new batteries flat as a gymnist chest, so a quick ph call and had my spare brought to me any how whilst waiting took aout my brand new air rator new battery flicked the switch nothin starting to get a little ancy now so a good tem minutes I mannaged ti fix the air rator so I go and get some bait and things where ok retied a lure and was set the battery arrived and started it up the kids jumped on board for a quick lash so I banged it in reverse and backed out only to not be able to turn the wheel, bloody thing had seized up, by now I went from 0 to 60 in the temper scale.....

I quietly informed the missus to put the kids in the car while i trotted off to do my lollie I put the boat back on the trailer and went home!!!! its is getting fixed today

But have you ever gone but diddnt go? what happened whats ya story?

Hat

Re: Ever gone for a fish and diddn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Well why not we always here of stories of fish in its lime light, but yesty I went for a solo trip to treck a fish down anyhow got to the ramp backed the boat in and went to start her up nothin!!!

Brand new batteries flat as a gymnist chest, so a quick ph call and had my spare brought to me any how whilst waiting took aout my brand new air rator new battery flicked the switch nothin starting to get a little ancy now so a good tem minutes I mannaged ti fix the air rator so I go and get some bait and things where ok retied a lure and was set the battery arrived and started it up the kids jumped on board for a quick lash so I banged it in reverse and backed out only to not be able to turn the wheel, bloody thing had seized up, by now I went from 0 to 60 in the temper scale.....

I quietly informed the missus to put the kids in the car while i trotted off to do my lollie I put the boat back on the trailer and went home!!!! its is getting fixed today

Hat
    Now if this was the Mondy Muster u would have been right up there for the Dear Oh! Dear Trophy.....Bad Timing.
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Hat
    Now if this was the Mondy Muster u would have been right up there for the Dear Oh! Dear (Mikoff) Trophy.....Bad Timing.

Look what u made me do.......I stuttered......My Bad

Hat
    Yes mate had the same thing happen to me with the steering out at Copeton dam....Put the boat in,,,started the motor & pushed it out,, Put it in reverse & backed out from the ramp a good distance...
    By then the boat had turned away from the ramp,, so when i gunned it in forward it went further from the ramp before i tried to steer it Bloody hard swimming & towing a 6m boat on your own with the missus smiling at me in the boat...

Cheers Baz

Nath seems we have something in common today, but mine did not leave the driveway.

I changed the bearings on the trailer last week and for some reason I had this whispering in my ear to recheck everything as I wanted to go for a bassn this afternoon.

PUlled hte hub off the left side and added some extra grease in side the hub on then put the brakes and hub back on and went around to do the right side.

Pulled the hub off and check everything and add some more grease to the inside of the right hub and noticed a nice crack on the stub axle that i somehow missed last weekend.

Looks like I won't be going for a bass fish this afternoon now

Cheers

Lee

Lucky! lucky it wasn't my boat or trailer!

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

The same sort of thing happened to a mate and I went for a trip to Faust, unpacked the gear at camp and headed off to the ramp put the boat in turn the key nothing. Pull the boat out check isolator , engine fuse , battery voltage, all good the motor lifts up and down. Put the engine in the up position and away she went, put the engine down and nothing. Slipped the cowl off checked all wiring and plugs all good, we thought put it in fire it up then put the engine down so we did that and gave it some stick for 10 minutes and it hasn,t done it since. Just one of those things that test ya out.
    Cheers Gav

Ok im definatley not bragging but i think i win.

me and a mate going for some jacks in the river. put the boat in turn her around take off. gone 200m engine revs rediculously high pitched, turn aound to see my 1yo mercury 15 USA fly from the back of the boat and sink in 6 meters of water. lucky i had the leccy with me went back to were it looked like it fell off and anchored.

Got a diver out to look. nothing. i still dont know why it fell off think i hit something. not sure. anyway insurance coffed up a new one.

The worst was getting from Manly boat ramp all the way over to the 4 beacons in Moreton Bay to reach spot X, to have the motor implode where I was told later that outboard engines were not made to burn salt water. A tow all the way back by VMR was the only thing that resembled hooking onto a BIG fish.

Scalem

my first brand new boat a few years back, but couldn't afford a new motor so bought a second hand one off a mate who assured me it was in perfect running order...maiden voyage down the noosa river got halfway to the river mouth and she carked it, never to go again. not happy jan. not happy.

Well my story is that it wouldnt start as well.

Got the boat off the trailer and parked the car.

Pushed off the bank.

Sat down to turn the key.

Hmmmmmm, the key, at home on the key hook.

In for a swim like you Barry and dragged it back to the ramp.

Back on the trailer.

One hour home.

Back in bed with the huggs and kisses.

All this before the sun came up.

It really was a beautiful day for a tow.
    Cheers

Steven

Topped the internal tank up with 30L of ulp straight onto the floor through a rod holder, drove to and launched at ramp idled for about 5 minutes while straightening up the boat, putting on sunscreen etc for the 1 hour trip out, on a hunch I pulled the bilge cover...raw fuel everwhere and the end of that fishing trip.

cheers fnq

haha good stories... least i'm not the only one...
    our first trip out chasing nannies (before we had our boat) borrowed my grandfathers boat just come out of the machanic's to fix the oil injector (spent more time in there than on the water) 16km into the 20km trip offshore only to have the motor making a clunking noise followed by stalling about 30 secs later... and made a rattle and a half when we tried to start again... did the long trip home with the 10hp auxiliary at 8km/h past by a mate in another boat who we were meeting at the same mark 10 mins into our return journey... turns out when they "fixed" the injectors they completely stopped any oil from entering the engine. resulting in the bottom piston ceased into the leg.. and to rub salt into the wounds the other boat was home an hour after we finally got in with there limit of nanny's all about 7kg... visited that mark countless times since without a fish...

Nidrac...