Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mondy - Must Haves, Dos

Thumbs up Re: Mondy - Must Haves, Dos

As some one said mate, save a few dollars and drop in to Foxies at Gin Gin on the way Either John or Jack will give the right drum and gear and the price is as good as you will get anywhere. If you can afford it get a giude for few hours and you will get a wealth of experience in a few hours. See Rob at the Mondy office.

Chartreuse garlic dip on the plastics tail helps. Foxie will have it.

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Re: Mondy - Must Haves, Dos

Quote Originally Posted by yellahunter View Post
    thanks for all the tips guys,
    Im sure it will be a good trip regardless, but it sure would be nice to get a fish or two! am i best just throwing plastics/hardbodies or trolling..

cheers,

Ben
    Hi Ben

Give them all a go ........ & mix em up

mondy is full of options ........ but a good starting point is wind blown areas ...... - If you can find shallows with a deeper creek bed nearby If you can find fish / bait on the sounder - even better. Some of the newly formed islands fit the bill perfectly (Bird bay , A - opposite wiggle bay) , Main basin , Entrence to B and also the opposite side... , South B and I'm sure there are quite a few more.
    Points & bays too.
    Stealth - particularly if you are casting - cut your main motor 100M + away & leccy in ( anchor or tie off quietly - no clangs bangs , thrown anchors etc ) - Lay on your rope & use maximum casting distances to your chosen area.
    Hopefully the boat is sitting in 10-15 ft of water & you are casting to 3-5 ft - Throw plastics & hard bodies ( my favorites are the 110 slick rigs (pre boiled) , 5" hollow bellys , storm swim shads & for a HB the Rapala XR12 X Raps) ....... Work an area thouroughly ...... it may take time
    Vary your presentation style , cadence etc - dont just change lures.

With a little luck you might get some action early & gain in confidence.

Best of luck with the trip

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Thanks heaps to everyone,
    some awesome info here,
    i cant wait now,

il whack a report up win lose or draw when i get home,
    Cheers,

Ben

just watched the mondy dvd by johnny mitchell,
    awesome stuff, great food for thought on techniques and how to find fishy locations, cant wait to put it into practice,
    Cheers,

Ben