Thread: Iluka 4wd beach access

Iluka 4wd beach access

Hi there. Just wondering if anyone has local info on Iluka beach access?
    Googled a few results which mentions a permit but doesn't say where u might
    buy one.

Not very experienced 4wdriver. Looking at some beach fishing off main beach.
    Is the beach reasonably good to drive on (have a Defender) or are there
    things I should look out for. Any help appreciated.

Re: Iluka 4wd beach access

There was quite a few vehicles on the beach last month when I was there. Access is from the car park to the left near the start of the wall. You might want to walk the track first if you're not too familiar with it. It's about 50 or 60 metres from the car park to the beach.

You'll need a permit from the Council. Clarence Valley ??? Council. They might have an office in Maclean or you might be able to get one on line. It's the only beach there where you need a permit.

Couple of good beach spots up near the Bluff to the north.

TOL
    Last edited by theoldlegend; 14-04-2011 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Forgot something.

I would think a local tackle/bait shop would do the permits?

Maybe this might help

http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/re...alungIluka.pdf

Mike

Found this map, in top corner it says 4wd access to 10 Mile beach from Shark Bay, NO permit required.

At bottom it says 4wd permit needed for Iluka Beach and other areas and where you can buy the permits. Enjoy the trip matey.
    Last edited by Marlin_Mike; 14-04-2011 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Because I can

Mike, I googled "Clarence Valley Council permits" and found that you can get a beach permit from one of the caravan parks in Iluka.

Main Beach is the only beach on the Iluka side where you have to get a beach permit. As you say, you don't need one for Shark Bay.

TOL

i live near the iluka turn off and shark bay is easy to get on and the main beach if any probs just let sum air out and i have lived hear all my life and don't have a perment and have not seen anyone police it but not to say they don't i may be just lucky

Yeah, we're staying at Riverside park so all good. Bit leery about going on the
    beach. Have all sorts of visions of getting bogged and the tide coming up :-(

The norm is go two hours either side of low tide. Do you normally drive along the edge down near the water where its firm?

You Have No Probs On Shark Bay It's Hard And If You Think It To Soft Let Sum Air Out Of Your Tyres If You See A Landcruser With Squidgy On The Back Of It Say Hi !!!!