Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Great Wall 4 X 4......any good?

Re: New Great Wall 4 X 4......any good?

Having Newby as a member of this forum has been like breath of fresh (sometimes hot lol) air. We get the inside info on the reality of the industry, rather than the opinions of people who know nothing about it....but heard from a friend of a friends cousins mothers uncle. We might not like some of what he says regarding the industry, but its the truth.

I know who I will be heading when next I am after a new vehicle....and no...not expecting mates rates..just a fair deal to both of us, along with the customer service one expects.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by sleepygreg View Post
    Having Newby as a member of this forum has been like breath of fresh (sometimes hot lol) air. We get the inside info on the reality of the industry, rather than the opinions of people who know nothing about it....but heard from a friend of a friends cousins mothers uncle. We might not like some of what he says regarding the industry, but its the truth.

I know who I will be heading when next I am after a new vehicle....and no...not expecting mates rates..just a fair deal to both of us, along with the customer service one expects.

Greg
    Thanks for that Greg, you know what they say, if you think you might not like the answer then dont ask the question as I might be the one to answer it. As much as I get in the shit for my "up front" ways sometimes, I would rather that than have the Typical Car Salesman tag. I cant see the point in BSing about anything that we do. That just blows credibility and trust out the window. Its like (and your not gonna like this) when you the punter says, "we will be back" or "I have to talk to the wife about it" or "just give me your best price, I promise I wont shop it like a dutch auction".... Seriously, do you think that sales people, managers and the like actually believe that???? I once said to a guy (when I was a salesman) how about you stop bullshitting to me and I promise I wont bullshit to you" Needles to say he wasnt impressed and walked out...See WE KNOW...

If any of you want to buy a car the right way, EVER, give me a buzz and I will help you. Even if it is not my product.
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    Hi Newby

They will throw you out of the " millionaires dealer principal club " if you keep giving away the trade secrets

Cheers

Steve
    Nah mate, no trade secrets here just "uncommon sense"
    Believe me there is no rocket science in anything we do. Nobody really knows what a used car is worth, the market fluctuates too much. I can ring 5 wholesalers on a std 05 commodore and get 5 different prices. Its the used car buyer and supply to the market that dictates everything. VZ commodore can drop 2 grand overnight if Holden decide to release 5000 avis buybacks into the market of that model in 1 hit. Its just the way it is. Might pay to remember this next time you think a dealer is trying to rip ya... We dont have a say in what the used car /trade in price is... Just simple supply and demand. No rocket science at all
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Quote Originally Posted by NEWBY View Post
    when you the punter says, "we will be back" or "I have to talk to the wife about it" or "just give me your best price, I promise I wont shop it like a dutch auction".... Seriously, do you think that sales people, managers and the like actually believe that???? I once said to a guy (when I was a salesman) how about you stop bullshitting to me and I promise I wont bullshit to you" Needles to say he wasnt impressed and walked out...See WE KNOW...
    LOL! I've always said that the reason Car Salesmen got a bad rap was because people buying cars are the biggest liars in the Universe. Priests? Don't even get me started on Priests buying cars!

Once you're on the lot they are mad if they let you leave, because you WILL... NOT... COME... BACK!

New Car Sales, Mitsies then Fords, 1984-87...

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Its like (and your not gonna like this) when you the punter says, "we will be back" or "I have to talk to the wife about it" or "just give me your best price, I promise I wont shop it like a dutch auction".... Seriously, do you think that sales people, managers and the like actually believe that???? I once said to a guy (when I was a salesman) how about you stop bullshitting to me and I promise I wont bullshit to you" Needles to say he wasnt impressed and walked out...See WE KNOW...

If any of you want to buy a car the right way, EVER, give me a buzz and I will help you. Even if it is not my product.
    LOL, Thats always me!! I walk into a dealer to take a look. What shits me is when you ask for the price, they give you the advertised price that I get online. I walk out straight away and find another dealer who wont waste my time. When I bought the Navara, i was lucky, second dealer I walked in sat me down and said this is the price. I walked out to discuss with the wife (and get her in for a test drive) and came back the next weekend and signed up.

Nah mate, no trade secrets here just "uncommon sense"
    Believe me there is no rocket science in anything we do. Nobody really knows what a used car is worth, the market fluctuates too much. I can ring 5 wholesalers on a std 05 commodore and get 5 different prices. Its the used car buyer and supply to the market that dictates everything. VZ commodore can drop 2 grand overnight if Holden decide to release 5000 avis buybacks into the market of that model in 1 hit. Its just the way it is. Might pay to remember this next time you think a dealer is trying to rip ya... We dont have a say in what the used car /trade in price is... Just simple supply and demand. No rocket science at all
    I sympathize a great deal with what your staff and many others have to put up with as i too sold vehicles for some time. I pretty much got sick of working weekends and all the wood ducks that come out on those days who think you are there just to chew the fat with them because they are " just looking ". Tim pretty much summed it up perfectly,the just looking line and that rubbish.

My message to those " just looking " is to go down to the nearest shopping centre car park and look to there hearts content and whats more that big bad salesperson won't be there to bother you so no need to tell a whole heap of porky pies.

Cheers

Steve

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    LOL! I've always said that the reason Car Salesmen got a bad rap was because people buying cars are the biggest liars in the Universe. Priests? Don't even get me started on Priests buying cars!

Once you're on the lot they are mad if they let you leave, because you WILL... NOT... COME... BACK!

New Car Sales, Mitsies then Fords, 1984-87...

Cheers,

Tim
    Tim

You are spot on mate,you know the old saying, buyers are liars.

Steve

Kev

Sorry for getting off the topic just a little,but i'm glad to hear you made up your mind and hope you are really happy with your purchase and look foward to you keeping us updated.

I have no doubt there will be like myself others genuinely interested on how it performs for you.As i said in a previous post i have been considering there wagon 4WD.So hopefully between yourself, Newby and other owners we will get an educated opinion on the performance of these vehicles and not the all Chinese products are crap line.

Regards

Steve

My message to those " just looking " is to go down to the nearest shopping centre car park and look to there hearts content and whats more that big bad salesperson won't be there to bother you so no need to tell a whole heap of porky pies.
    Well that is a strange statement to make. When I am looking for a car I go to the dealers looking at cars. I don't engage the dealer in small talk I am there just to look and sit in the car to see how if feels (can't do that at a supermarket). I won't ask for a test drive unless I have seen what's on offer elsewhere and I then have a list of probably two to three cars.

I have had the salesman ask me the most idiotic question "what do you want for your trade" and I have given the same type of answer thousands of dollars more than they will sell it for.

It reminded me of a bloke I knew who went for an interview for an internal promotion. When he went into the room he asked "well what do you want bullshit of the truth" he got the job.

Bros

Not stupid at all,if your only " just looking " you can do that anywhere,hell there might even be more of a variety to look at in the car park inc colours. If you are " looking " to purchase a vehicle as you have made your mind up that your are definitely in the market then your visiting a dealership is fine.

The answer is in the actual quote yeh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Cheers

Steve

Not stupid at all,if your only " just looking " you can do that anywhere,hell there might even be more of a variety to look at in the car park inc colours. If you are " looking " to purchase a vehicle as you have made your mind up that your are definitely in the market then your visiting a dealership is fine.
    Sorry I misunderstood what you meant by "just looking".

When I decide I am going to buy then I go looking I don't see a dealers yard as a place to waste my time when I have no intention of car buying.

about 5 years back the wife was interested in buying a Mazda..went to the dealership..I asked what the best price was..the sales bloke said.."I cannot tell you that". Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...why not ?? Cos you would go elsewhere and farm it around. I asked again..best price? Cannot tell you. I looked at the wife and we walked. How the bloody hell could that bloke ever sell a car when he would not tell you the price.
    We went to a Toyota dealership the next..that was a laugh..the bloke comes over to me as I am looking around..asks what I am interested in. I was honest..I replied "Nothing". He started to walk away. The wife was furious. She went after him and said was the one buying the car..i was just chuckling away.

Newby..answer me this..why the bloody hell does every car sales person have to go and see the boss before they do the deal. Don't they have the brains or the balls to stitch up the deal on their own ??

Maybe they dont have the authority?...

then maybe they should get the authority..I used to be in sales and deal on hundreds of thousands of dollars of equipment..I rarely contacted the boss in Sydney.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    about 5 years back the wife was interested in buying a Mazda..went to the dealership..I asked what the best price was..the sales bloke said.."I cannot tell you that". Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...why not ?? Cos you would go elsewhere and farm it around. I asked again..best price? Cannot tell you. I looked at the wife and we walked. How the bloody hell could that bloke ever sell a car when he would not tell you the price.
    We went to a Toyota dealership the next..that was a laugh..the bloke comes over to me as I am looking around..asks what I am interested in. I was honest..I replied "Nothing". He started to walk away. The wife was furious. She went after him and said was the one buying the car..i was just chuckling away.

Newby..answer me this..why the bloody hell does every car sales person have to go and see the boss before they do the deal. Don't they have the brains or the balls to stitch up the deal on their own ??
    Not trying to speak for Newby but perhaps the salesperson does not have the authority to do so,after all its not his money your asking him to tear up !.

Cheers

Steve