Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Great Wall 4 X 4......any good?

Re: New Great Wall 4 X 4......any good?

The chineese and the korean's and the tiawanese before them can build just about anything to just about any quality you want.......the problem is that much of the time the people they are doing the job for want it as cheap as possible......so we end up with those results.

Those that go to china and say they want the 5 or 10 cent bearings rather than the 3 cent bearings.......well they end up with something more acceptable...you get what you ask for.

now I can see a couple of things that GW are doing that is very smart.

They are probaly bypassing at least 1 may be 2 greedy steps in the sales chain.

They are restricting their products to the most popular vehicles in the market... and the offer very limited options...this saves $$$$ left right and centre.

cheers
    Its the details, those little details, that make the difference.

Well if your interested, here is a dealers point of view on them.
    We have put 50+ of these things out into the market.
    The SA 220 is the old old Rodeo shape but a new car for $18990 on the road??? what more would you want. They are on phase out now.
    The only 2 dramas they have had are the odd water pump apparently (none of ours have failed yet) and a seat belt recall. Hence the safety rating. The inertia failed to lock on the crash test. Look at the AMCAP site and see what else only has 1 or 2 stars. You will be surprised. Oh what a feeling.

We had 1 problem where the accelerator stuck on a ute. It was the after market cruise control that the owner had fitted that was the problem.

Bang for your buck???? Why the hell would you look at the second hand market?

They are a Rodeo shell with Mitsubishi running gear basically. The rocker cover has the tripple diamond on it. The motors are built under license to Mitsubishi. They are the first version of the EFI motors that came out way way back hence they do not use a computer. Old school.

PM me if you need any info on them. They are the best value for money on the market with a lot more coming.

PS tow bars are cheap if u know how
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Are the bodies treated with anything other then paint for corrosion protection Newby or are they painted on one side black steel? ie using zinc plate, galvanising etc....
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

I notice that there are no bashplates. How important is this?

Quote Originally Posted by kingkev View Post
    I notice that there are no bash plates. How important is this?
    Not very if the vehicle like most in this class is used for it's intended purpose, which is pretty much a trade car and town car with 4wd for those occasions getting to a slippery job site and also typical beach work.

You can get one made or do it yourself fairly easily all things considered.

cheers fnq

Is any of the engine/running gear on these cars sourced directly from other more established vehicle makers?

cheers fnq

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

well fellas ive been in a head on 4x4 against 4x4 im just happy me and my wife and three daughters were in my hj60 landcruiser they all got some bruises i got a few broken bones the two fellas that came over the med strip to hit me didn't make it have a good think about it fellas your family
    hilly

Sorry to read that hilly, not a scenario one thinks will ever actually happen to them.

What brand and model/year was the 4x4 that hit you?

cheers fnq

I had a squiz on Redbook and saw the second hand price for these cars, 09 model. They are around half the new value after one year. Yes half. Thats some serious depreciation. It's due to numerous reasons, but i suspect one of the major ones is that they are not yet proven.

probably good value second hand - no one would go to a used yard asking for a 2nd hand great wall vehicle... its all about supply and demand.
    just one more cast........

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

fnq cairns the car that hit us was a mits pajaro19 92 mod i think not sure of the year but thier bull bar was in thier back seat.mine was wrapped around my moter

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Are the bodies treated with anything other then paint for corrosion protection Newby or are they painted on one side black steel? ie using zinc plate, galvanising etc....
    Semi Galv just like all cars mate...
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    Is any of the engine/running gear on these cars sourced directly from other more established vehicle makers?

cheers fnq
    Engines are Mitsubishi Triton motors built under license. Body and interior are Isuzu/rodeo
    NEWBY T.G.

Quote Originally Posted by rockfisho View Post
    I had a squiz on Redbook and saw the second hand price for these cars, 09 model. They are around half the new value after one year. Yes half. Thats some serious depreciation. It's due to numerous reasons, but i suspect one of the major ones is that they are not yet proven.
    I can help you with this one. Red book DOES NOT ever buy a car. They are meant to take averages but lately, like the glasses guide, they all seem to be guessing and that will certainly be the case for the chinese cars considering they have only been out 6 months. Go buy a second hand V240 for half price...Not a hope...

Heres another one. 2009 SS commodore sedan done 30000klm....book price, 25700 trade. I am in brissy right now and have been at auctions for 3 days. Cheapest I have seen trade price was 31000....Nowhere in Australia can ANYONE not even a dealer get that car for under 26k. Guesswork...Nothing else. I have seen thousands of cars go under the hammer in the last few days and the "book" be it red or glasses are nowhere at the moment.

Check out the attached sheet....Nothing there at half price and remember a few things here, All these prices inc all your on roads and government robs now. so GSt, Stamp Duty, rego, TPI etc. so take that all off and you will get an indication of previous style valuations. so RRP would have been $1500-$2000 less bringing the depreciation back into line with other manufacturers. Government did good eh??? Hid all their fees and taxes and duties in the price of the car. Who voted labor again????? Lastly, the glasses guide that you see attached is the one that the finance companies use.
    NEWBY T.G.

Hi Newby

They will throw you out of the " millionaires dealer principal club " if you keep giving away the trade secrets

Cheers

Steve

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent