Thread: Water skiing and tubing on the Gold Coast

Water skiing and tubing on the Gold Coast

Hi all,

We have been waiting to get a day over at Tangalooma relaxing on the beach, doing a bit of skiing outside the marine parks etc.

Unfortunatley the weather hasn't been stable enough to get over there confidently with non boating visitors that are staying with us.

Next thought is to head down to the Gold Coast and have a look around the waterways there, pull up on a similar beach and wear the kids out on skiis and the tube.

Do such places still exist on the Gold Coast waters?

With all that I have read on the go-slow areas I am unsure whether to head down that way or whether to just head towards Bribie.

Comments please??

- Darren

Re: Water skiing and tubing on the Gold Coast

Paradise Piont is about the best off the safe places to ski tube..

Tallebudgera Creek is ok if its not too busy.
    Stacer 525 easyrider - 115 DI. Bayside Brissy

yeah tally creek is the go

good beach / grass area with plenty of shade and even some bbqs

gets busy there on weekends so get in early for a carpark and a pick of the spots on the beach

google maps
    murlong cres tallebudgera

enjoy

Hey guys, mr bean has 7 m boat it would barely fit in tally creek.

Mr bean, slipping sands is a nice place too. Big area and not a lot off traffic.

What about the Tweed? I have just got myself a boat and am looking for a nice beach/spot to ski and tube in, any one know of a good spot?
    Experience is something you get right after you need it.

mate tallebudgera is ther go. Murlong Ave behind the caravan tourist park. lotsa room to tow the kids round on the tube., i went there last sunday, great day. only a single lane ramp and not a huge amount of parking but if you get there by 8am you'll get aparking spot for the boaty trailer and a nice picnic spot on the grass.

be aware on the north side of the sand ba\nk, but tis visiblke so you shouldnt have trouble with it. heres a google earth pic. enjoy its a great place and the kids will love it, i go there regularly

Mike

Thanks for the inputs guys, as it turned out we did get over to Tangalooma and we had a great day.

There was a Marine Parks boat there so do be careful in and around those "go slow" areas around the wrecks etc.

Also, it was pleasing to see a strong Surf Life Saver presence, thanks go out to those guys for giving there time to help protect the number of people you get in the water over there now.

I am still keen to get a day down the Gold Coast so I will check out both the Tully Creek and Paradise Point as advised, they will give options for those sunny but still windy days.

Where is the best spot to put in to get to Paradise Point?

And yes it is a big boat to be skiing and tubing behind (8 metre), but is is what we have and the kids still have a ball. Just hard work at the helm to get it around tight places at speed safely.

- Darren

Hey Bean, wanna buy a MANTA???
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

If I bring home any more toys it will cost me half of what I own.

- Darren

Quote Originally Posted by Mr__Bean View Post
    Where is the best spot to put in to get to Paradise Point?
    - Darren
    Paradise Point Mariner on Paradise Rd is the go.

Just watch out for the nasty sand banks between the mainland and sovereign is. Might be best to have a look at google maps to see what i mean.

Also after dark some of the markers dont have lights so its a good idea to know their locations (this is only a concern between sovereign islands and paradise point esplanade.