Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Awoonga Whispers?

Re: Awoonga Whispers?

Top replies there guys LMAO!! Daryl the Sham Wow is a cracker!

Geez Trev, you know how to rub it in! But seriousy, great to see some January action, I remember last summer when you were resorting to trolling and .................

Watch that deck it must be getting slippery with all that barra slime and mold! I'd hate to see you get another injury!

Cheers,

Matt

Trev,

You can buy some stuff in a can that is mould killer, I have sprayed the canvas on my camper trailer with it..camping shops have it....

Hope you get over the flu OK...the barra at Awoongy can rest for a while knowing your in bed

Cheers Steve

I keep checking the freshwater reports.....but NOTHING from Awoongy, and very little from Mondy?

C'mon there must be someone out there who can take a decent stab at the keyboard for us? Scotty, Johnny, Gaz - have you made it out yet? Trev? we know you've been out there, how 'bout sharing some of the action with us?

Anyone..........anyone..........Bueller?

c

I just got back from 9 days at Awoonga. We caught fish every session using a variety of methods. Frogs, poppers, walk the dogs, hard bodies and soft bodies. We got fish deep and on the surface, from the Boyndale camp ground to the top of Iveragh and up Futter. You have to hit them on the right bite window, but they weren't to difficult to find. Our total was 17 fish with 5 over a metre.

Matt F.
    *Just back to work recently. Bit wet, morning sessions have been good, afternoons wet wet wet. Fish captured on surface lures mainly, some on Hb and soft p. One client hooked 7 this morning, and we got a wet butt this arvo so we headed for home town Gladdy. It is supposed to go SE about 30 knots tomorrow so it will be interesting. I'll be looking for the sun soon, but the rain has made the lake look like a million bucks and we need every drop so I'll just have to grin and bear it.
    Dale caught fish as stated, above, and I think Harro fished with him for a session or so as well. I don't know exact details but Harro said he enjoyed their time and had fun wrestling barra in a relaxed manner. So there are barra on the prowl for sure.
    Dale, I managed to get a wave in. It took me a bit to work out who owned the boat, but the pink writing gave you away. I hope you enjoyed your time.
    Cheers,
    Johnny

Just had a call from my big brother who's up there for a few days. He landed a 127 this afternoon near Dingo Island. Weighed in at 30kg!! There was also a 58cm Mangrove Jack taken there yesterday on a soft plastic. Still windy and raining.

Thumbs up Re: Awoonga Whispers?

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser View Post
    Just had a call from my big brother who's up there for a few days. He landed a 127 this afternoon near Dingo Island. Weighed in at 30kg!! There was also a 58cm Mangrove Jack taken there yesterday on a soft plastic. Still windy and raining.
    Nice, keen to see the pics of those two.

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    Nice, keen to see the pics of those two.
    Don't have pics of the Jack, as he didn't catch it. He was talking to the guy who did at the ramp. He'll be home sometime next week and I'll try to steal a pic from him. There were some other anglers nearby who came over and took some pics for him.

Thumbs up Re: Awoonga Whispers?

Guys there's some recent reports on fitzys site. No critical tall poppy stuff going on there so people aren't afraid if the criticism. Since theres a link at the top of this section it must be ok to link. :-)

http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/Forum/

Thanks.

Thanks Dale, it sounds like a great trip, well done on the variety of techniques and locations. And well done to your brother on the 127cm, what a horse of a fish!

Johnny, that sounds funny - "just back to work recently"! Jeez, was it a struggle to go back? I bet not as much of a struggle as last January! Its good to hear that you are straight back into them.

Also great to hear that Awoonga's getting a little top up!

Thanks for the updates,

Cheers,

Matt

went for a quick sunday session from 10am till 3pm, got an 82cm barra and two bigger bust-offs trolling weed banks....couldn't get a hit casting. Keen to get down there again!!