Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scents For Barra

Re: Scents For Barra

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    Good old Vegemite stays on longer than all of the commercial scents.
    You using it in the fresh Dicko, and getting fish?

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    You using it in the fresh Dicko, and getting fish?

I'm not sure how to answer that.

I could go 2 ways with it.

1 answer would be that it's a product I've been using with great success for many years, and about to be published in a major magazine article under the heading "Devasting New Barra Technique."....or "Mind Blowing Budget Barra Tips"

Or the other answer would be that it was just a quirky left field comment that sprung into my head.

You can choose your own answer.

Either way, I bet some people (including myself) after they stopped laughing, thought for a minute, hey, this loony might be serious.

Well....I have heard the yeast in Vegemite helps attract red claw Dicko.....so why the hell not......you could also use it to add some tiger stripes to hard bodies

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Or failing all that Paul it can be used on your Toast of a morning with a Coffee and a Coffin nail......
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    ...so why the hell not......you could also use it to add some tiger stripes to hard bodies

Cheers
    Paul
    Now there's a thinking man.,, re-colour your lure and add scent at the same time.

I might put some in small tubes with a fancy name and sell it for $20 a pop..

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    it can be used on your Toast of a morning with a Coffee and a Coffin nail......

You could also put a spoonful in the pot like you do with a stew when boiling soft plastics to really impregnate them !!

crikey, with so many uses, this may well be the new "must have" item for everyones tacklebox.

Remember, you read it here first folks !

Your an Idea's Man Dicko.........I like that.
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

I do boil my slickrigs and Dicko has got me thinkin......wot if I add the S-factor to the pot rather than smear it on every plastic?

Will I get an S-factor broth that will be absorbed by the squidgies or will I just be wasting my time? As Daryl says - 'off to the shed..."

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    You could also put a spoonful in the pot like you do with a stew when boiling soft plastics to really impregnate them !!

crikey, with so many uses, this may well be the new "must have" item for everyones tacklebox.

Remember, you read it here first folks !
    "V Factor"....now there's a start for you Dicko. Once you get it off the ground, expand your range to include standard "Black" and "Double Dipped Black" - for that extra scent impregnation I'm in for 5% okay

Put a rose in every rig!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Put a rose in every rig!!!!!!!
    Lol Nath you happy little........

Why not Dicko, we merrily spray garlic and aniseed scents on lures.
    Re the slickies, last time I boiled, and then hung to dry straight, I gave them a spray with scent while they were still sticky, see if that hangs in a bit.

You can buy the vegimite in a tube at places any way so just squeeze on like s factor or stimulate i know if i am not well and i eat vegimite it increases appertite and fell like eating so it may just work or am i just getting a buzz from the yeast ,like after a night out on the hops first thing you feel like is a hotdog with the works or a kabab with hot chilli sauce so maybe the yeast content may make them hungry i know it does me

shane

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    You can buy the vegimite in a tube at places any way so just squeeze on like s factor or stimulate i know if i am not well and i eat vegimite it increases appertite and fell like eating so it may just work or am i just getting a buzz from the yeast ,like after a night out on the hops first thing you feel like is a hotdog with the works or a kabab with hot chilli sauce so maybe the yeast content may make them hungry i know it does me

shane
    I think you are on to something there, i just checked out the fish food that my tank fish love so much, its all full of yeast. Yeast may be the magic bullet and veg is full of the stuff.

Theres the challange boys, meter+ on a softy smeared in vmite.