Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scents For Barra

Re: Scents For Barra

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    I can see it now ....... "Hey Prinny - can you kiss my prong "

Chris
    Hey Nath telly prinny to kiss your horny toad and a prince will appear isn't that how the fairy tale goes

shane

well It wont matter next trip Poiter has him to tend with... New series the Love Polly..... gee the thread has gone down hill sorry Brian

Hi Brian, I have found Stimulate to be a great aid in getting hits and fish. One night at Awoonga two of us were trolling the same lures out the back of the boat. I had 2 fish in the boat and hits and my mate Tim hadn't had a hit. He started using the stimulate and staight away started getting hits and 3 solid hookups and I got another fish. That night sure made a big impression on us regarding scents. - cheers Richard

Thanks Richard.

Has anyone tried a small piece of sponge or similar theaded on the jig hook to hold the scent longer?

Hey B, how are the Hols going mate?

I have played around with Hollowbellies, using one of those oil needles to inject dye/scent into the guts of em.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Thanks Richard.

Has anyone tried a small piece of sponge or similar theaded on the jig hook to hold the scent longer?
    Gee's Brian.......your a bigger Barra Tragic than Iam.....it's hard enough to get the bloody things to swim half reasonably as it is.......Has anyone thought about a berley pot....Oh Gee's I've let the cat out of the bag.....Bugger
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    Hey B, how are the Hols going mate?

I have played around with Hollowbellies, using one of those oil needles to inject dye/scent into the guts of em.

Pete.
    Bloody Hell Pete.....Thats just blown my Berley Pot theory out of the water.....Oil needle you say, not a bad idea.

I was getting my butt kicked (in the bite department) one night on Awoonga by a mate who was a barra newby . I had set him up, so we had virtually the same leader, jigs and hollowbellys. But he was getting the bites and I wasn't, so after his second fish I said, "what the ..... are your doing different?" and he showed my a tube of megastrike.

"Well hand it over buddy, give me a go at that gear!" Finally tally was 5 to me 2 to Jimmy, but he did drop them in every possbile way.

Since then I've been on that gear, I even put it in a syringe so I can give the hollowbellys a squirt up the you know what.

I reapply every 10 - 15 minutes

Cheers,

Matt

Thanks boys, Ive thought about the syringe trick as well

Whitto, could you imagine the catties with a burley pot mate, aya carumba!

Happy New Year everyone. I've tried the Stimulate and the Squidgie peanut butter....they both seem pretty good.....although I'd still rather rely on lure action and input from rod work to entice a munch.

Injecting scent up the jatz That's a novel idea......normally the scent comes from the opposite direction

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Thanks boys, Ive thought about the syringe trick as well

Whitto, could you imagine the catties with a burley pot mate, aya carumba!
    Pandamonium Brian Pandamonium........

Happy New Year Paul.......All this talk about syringe's up the Jackson's, where will it all end.......Strange stuff all this modifying and syringing cutting and snipping......The Barra still win most of the time........But how much fun is it

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post

Happy New Year Paul.......All this talk about syringe's up the Jackson's, where will it all end.......Strange stuff all this modifying and syringing cutting and snipping......The Barra still win most of the time........But how much fun is it

You're not wrong Whitto....Pretty soon we'll need a medical degree before we can go barra fishing with all these amputations, injections, and prosthetics tinkering No wonder Steve is a paro.
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Good old Vegemite stays on longer than all of the commercial scents.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post

Cant put a syringe up the jatz cracker ..... because there is a suppository in the way
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Cant put a syringe up the jatz cracker ..... because there is a suppository in the way
    Well that should rattle things a bit