Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: mondy today

mondy today

hi all , was fishing mondy today in the rain ,not having much luck when we seen a boat catch a nice barra , thats 3 fish we seen caught in the last three rain soaked
    days & also two dead ones then my misses screams im on .after about ten minutes she lands a 98cm . man im so proud of her . it was caught on a predateck viper in silver on a 6-8 killo bay rod with 10kilo penn mono line with a 60 pd leader on a abu bait runner real
    cheers jimmy

Re: mondy today

Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    hi all , was fishing mondy today in the rain ,not having much luck when we seen a boat catch a nice barra , thats 3 fish we seen caught in the last three rain soaked
    days & also two dead ones then my misses screams im on .after about ten minutes she lands a 98cm . man im so proud of her . it was caught on a predateck viper in silver on a 6-8 killo bay rod with 10kilo penn mono line with a 60 pd leader on a abu bait runner real
    cheers jimmy
    Well done Mrs Haggis.......Nagg will be excited knowing you caught it on a Predetec Viper, He loves them.
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Well done Mrs Haggis.......Nagg will be excited knowing you caught it on a Predetec Viper, He loves them.
    I was actually going to reply ....... RUB IT IN ...... Bloody vipers - they should burn them all ...... Ted Bullpitt & Nagg

Chris

PS ..... Well done Mrs Haggis
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

well done haggis ,having the little lady hooking up is priceless to me hope yours loves it as much as mine,cheers AL

Well done Jimmy,

Sounds like it was fairly hard going but you and your good wife got rewards for persistance hey!!

She looks stoked in the photos!!

Love the vipers!! best trolling lure around...hands down. I still have a pile of them with battle scares over them from the Awoonga hey days!

CHeers Steve

Naggs Nemesis strikes again!!!!Well done to the good lady Jimmy.
    Paulo.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMark View Post
    Paulo.

Another sleepless night ...... tossing & turning "viper , viper , viper"
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Just have to count barra Chris,better'n sheep(or vipers) you'll soon be dreaming of somewhere up the back of 'B'
    Paulo

thanks guys the wife was still very happy to day till she hooked up with what was probably even bigger , well on its first run it almost spooled her I had to put the boat in reverse & chase it we had water coming up over the pod but we eventually got the line back onto the reel almost got the fish to the boat when
    the fish straightened out her snap lock & stole her silver viper then she got her gold viper snagged & that was it no more vipers . I lost about two other lures & three soft plastics but on the possitive side we are getting better at getting lures out of trees . will have to get more lures two days left for me to break my duck
    cheers jimmy .....................

no fish today , lost some more lures ( this trip is going to cost a small fortune )seen 118 cm getting cleaned a the camp cleaning table

Gotta love the Vipers! 118 on the cleaning table? must be hard up for a feed?

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

118 on the cleaning table worse than hard up for a feed i reckon, i would rather eat catties

Quote Originally Posted by warrior View Post
    118 on the cleaning degreasing table worse than hard up for a feed i reckon, i would rather eat catties

Its certainly a shame to see a trophy fish knocked on the head
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMark View Post
    Paulo.
    I have to come clean instead of just enjoying watching NAGG copping it about the Vipers (must be new years good will and stuff). I can't been able to catch anything on them either. I still have the first one I bought in the late nineties (from the caravan park at Awoonga from memory). Down to three now lost two on snaggs.

I like the look of them, good action , nice hardware, well made, trolls well, Aussie, etc. Just haven't been able to get anything (not even a bump) on them. Tried casting and trolling.

Done ok with the smaller boomerangs on bass, saratoga and yellow belly but Vipers are in the back of the bottom of lure drawer now.

Peter

well last day of the trip got no fish this morning nearly ran out of fuel so quick dash to gin gin to fill the boat & have some lunch then back on the water seen a 115 cm caught and ive still not caught a fish damnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    the wife says we have to come back to catch the meter yehaa
    I was not impressed with the big fish get cleaned at the table as there mate had another tub full of fresh barra fillets cleaned before i got there .
    cheers jimmy