Thread: Spotties after rain

Spotties after rain

Just when there were a few reports of spotties entering Moreton Bay we get all this rain. From what I remember if there's enough fresh entering the system the water dirties up and the spotties may give us a miss.

So I thought why not bring the subject up for discussion for all those who are sitting around reading forums and bored s'less.

What's your opinions, will they still come into the bay or go around the cape.

Re: Spotties after rain

Can't speak for your area hodges4, but the lore down here is fresh in the ocean = macs staying wide.
    Cheers.

The Spotties especially seem to like the clean water. If we don't get too much more rain then the Northern Bay should still be a chance after a few big tides later in the week
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

The dirty water doesn't effect the eastern side of the bay that much, the strong tidal flow see's to that, even rainbow and rous isn't effected by dirty waters.
    Yes it will effect the eastern side of mud down to welllo, but other then that they should turn up.
    I haven't heard of any honest reports of them showing their faces yet, but that doesn't mean some are already out there.
    Will hopefully find out this week, and the big green zone out there could be crossed.
    regards

I got onto a few spotties in the northern part of the bay earlier this week. 5 solid hook ups for 5 bite offs..... a few close to the boat with them in the 75cm range. I saw a big raise of what i think was long tails coming out of the water also but couldnt get them to take the slug. Happy hunting!

Cheers

Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.