Thread: do hard bodies work on flatties?

do hard bodies work on flatties?

im a converted soft plastics fishermen and have been for 2 years but now im experementing with hardz will it actually work at all on flatties?
    any info would be great.
    tight lines bent spines
    cam

Smile Re: do hard bodies work on flatties?

hey mate,
    caught a few on atomic cranks ,use them over the shallow flats on the top of tide and just slow roll them in with a few pauses.cast them along the banks coz the flatties will usually be sitting up close to the bank.

Re: do hard bodies work on flatties?

Cam if you've got a H.B that swims past a hungry lizzard...then yep

Flathead love all lures, so yes Hard Bodies work on Lizards. Make sure you are Fishing good territory, with a lure that has a lot of action. And make sure you are using the right technique for the right action, which action/technique are you currently experimenting with?

Cheers Tom

thanks heaps guys ill give it a shot the next time i go out
    tight lines bent spines,
    cam

any of the blades are good for 'em. I've got quite a few lately on small silvery blades with the bonus of bream and whiting as regular by catch. Just a slow steady retrieve works fine for me.
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

Manns Stretch 5+ in the grey ghost will fill ya esky!!

Give 'em a go.

Jason.
    FISHING IS NOT A HOBBY...................IT'S AN OBSESSION!!

Blades are excellent (they are on the bottom 100% of the time) but in cranks all my larger bream lures have caught flatties, sx40's etc BUT........they seem to love the wobble of the larger fat cranks and our number one has been the Ecogear CK40 over the top of deeper weedbeds just off the flats.

Mick.

i only use sx40's and crankbaits found they work the best in my area on flatty's plus you cover more water.

bron

TT Vibes in 1.4.... GOLD!

I found out yesterday that the SX40 gets stuck into my shirt much easier than it gets stuck into the mouth of a lizard!

thats how you know a lure works mate(good trebles)

bron