Thread: Hervey bay gps marks

Hervey bay gps marks

Hey fellas im having a little trouble trying to find gps marks for around the southern gutters out from hervey bay.
    Im after any decent starter marks and am keen on trying the wrecks out there expecially althea (spelling)
    I would like to have a few marks to try for my first trip out there in my own rig as it is a long run.
    Any help would be fantastic im happy to trade for marks or information if its to my knowledge in the Hervey bay area
    PM Me if you like
    cheers scott

Re: Hervey bay gps marks

Barrakid try www.fishntales.com its based around hervey bay theres a link to gps marks there. Good luck Raffles.

Scott, i have got some in the gps, will PM them to you. Leigh

Althea? your looking at 44+ n miles to get there from Hervey bay
    its 26 n miles off Bundy, and north of Bundy by about 12 mile.
    long way from Hervey bay for a first trip.

yeah althea its aprox 85km (in a strait line) from hervey bay harbour from what i have been told and yeah its a long trip...
    I have been out to the gutters a few times in others boats and am keen to chase some big cobes out further.
    I know a few boys that go out there in a 4.55 polly and i am sure my 4.75 seajay will have no probs on a good day.
    any marks would be great fellas

also thanks lee pm sent back mate

Barrakid,

85k's is a long way in a 4.75m Seajay.

Actually it's a long way in any size boat. Whilst Hervey Bay does offer some protection, 85k's from Hervey Bay puts you in an area that would have no protection, plus no where to hide if the weather does come up.

There's other places much closer.

Good luck

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by MyEscape View Post
    Barrakid,

85k's is a long way in a 4.75m Seajay.

Actually it's a long way in any size boat. Whilst Hervey Bay does offer some protection, 85k's from Hervey Bay puts you in an area that would have no protection, plus no where to hide if the weather does come up.

There's other places much closer.

Good luck

Steve
    yeah its a long run but if im already out at the gutters and its a alrite day it would be worth the run out to the wreck i think....
    I regually fish the wathumba, coral patch and out towards the roonies 9mile with no problem and if weather is ok it not a far run from coral patch to the southern.
    Its aprox 20km if i remember correctly.
    Last time i went to the gutters we fished from a 445 makocraft estury tracker side console in less then perfect conditions.
    The good thing about the bay is if you think its going to be to ruff or to much swell at the southerns you can stop or come back to the coral patch or around wathumba and its nice and protected

cheers scott

24 44 222 s - 152 49 060 e

24 45 042 s - 152 48 307 e

that will put you in the general area..