Thread: Pindari Dam info.

Pindari Dam info.

Hi all,Will be going to Pindari dam for day trip in a few days time. Just wondering if anyone has any current information on whats been happening with cod and yellows, what lures and colours? Are there any redfin inthis dam? What water the level is at the moment; is water being released? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Jacko1.

Re: Pindari Dam info.

Hey Jacko1,
    Yes there are redfin in Pindari. Dam level is currently 23% and falling dramatically by a foot a day. They are releasing 1.5 million litres a day at the moment which has meant a drop of 1.8 metres over the last week alone. I haven't fished it for a while but would imagine these conditions wouldn't be favourable but it surely doesn't mean that the fish won't bite. I would also think that boat launching would be tough with the banks coming out of the water so quickly making it boggy around the edges. Let us know how it goes

Hi Jacko1,
    Water level is dropping quickly which makes it harder to entice fish to take lures but SP,s are the go.
    We went out there recently and the dam level was dropping dramatically and showing a few new outboard eating rocks and logs overnight.
    We managed about 60 yellas, silver bream a couple of catties and one lone cod between 2.5 anglers (my son was more into swimming than fishing) for the weekend and had to work to find where the fish were holding but once found they seemed to hit quick and hard. Most times the SP did not hit bottom on the first drop> Shrimp and worm imitation SP,s worked well.
    We musta seen 50 boats trolling,casting to bank but did not see any being caught on hardbodies but nonetheless we saw a few being cleaned on the bank back at the ramp, nearly all yellas.
    Cheers, Steve.

If there is any inflow, get up the back and have a crack with gold dozer's in the slightly discolured water. If you are after a big cod I would put in the time with a nautual coloured spinner bait casting the steep rock walls.

the BOM site tells of 150mm at Ashford yesterday.

If you do get an inflow it will be grubby for a few days but give it a week and it will fire up. We went up there about a month before the opening of cod season and went up as far as a boat would go and then walked bout a km only to find half a dozen filleted cod carcasses rotting on the bank. One of them woulda been in the 15kg category. Good to know that there are still people around that want to see the cod species fade away
    Wanta BIG cod go to Copeton but leave the big momma fish in there.
    Cheers.