Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Retrospective View of 2009

A Retrospective View of 2009

Hi All

What a year 2009 was ...... probably my most enjoyable year spent on the water Maybe the company had something to do with it ....... here are a few images to share

Whiteys 121 pb.JPG MW new PB @ 121cm caught on a slick rig

Attachment 54414 Trev does it again ... at the producer

Attachment 54415 Nath with no hat (or hair)

Mondy Comittee meeting.jpg Ya had to be there Brian enjoying himself.jpg

Somerset Sessions - what a great weekend Poiter aka turtle boy.jpg Somerset sessions Daryls off the mark.jpg Somerset sessions Roo.jpg Somerset sessions Poiter netting his 50cm bass.jpg

Attachment 54421 Early morning at Borumba

Attachment 54422 Lee at Mondy Attachment 54423

Please feel free to add some of your own piccys or stories
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Re: A Retrospective View of 2009

Big year mate for sure.
    I had to double blink that trip when I saw Nath, who's the bloke with no hair?
    See what I got in pics

Big Rens donut breaking 66.jpg Clickety click bay Attachment 54425

Parksy Master Chef.jpg What a place to have breakfast

Bankside cook up.jpg Or dinner

Lee at pepper point.jpg Prinny & the hat.JPG Attachment 54429 The Muster was sensational - & with fish like these Attachment 54430 Attachment 54431

Attachment 54433 Trevs little mate

Yes 2009 was a memorable year

Have a great , happy & safe Christmas ......... & more of the same for 2010

Cheers

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

couple more

It's certainly been a great year Chris, I couldn't make all the get togethers, but I really enjoyed the ones I got to!

If I recall correctly the one of Nath without the hat was taken the same night I walked up to the kitchen, said my hello's to everyone and then introduced myself to Nath (I didn't have a clue who he was without the hat)

A Merry Christmas to everyone, and I wish you all the best in the new year!

Cheers
    Tony
    Cheers,
    Tony

Red face Re: A Retrospective View of 2009

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Hi All

What a year 2009 was ...... probably my most enjoyable year spent on the water Maybe the company had something to do with it ....... here are a few images to share
    Thanks Nagg@Chris if that's your reel name.
    You people have no idea and I like that,
    how much the comradery has meant to those of us, including U who????

Well maybe that's thats the red wine or the bundy or; I might have a sambooka just weight................

Right now wear were wee. Oh tha's right licorice drink, nice.

I started last night / morning at 0100hrs and hear wee R. well looking at the green light s here I R, (sooks). HELLO! .

Great to have mates? HELLO!

No wonder Jesus went fishin eh? A fisher of men? Well I have truly been blessed to have shared your company this year. Outside of our respite and despite my abysmal..........
    Well hang on self you did hook some nice barra?
    True, and as for Bass well kiss my Ass.

And there has been an act of God as I sit here drinking licorice the Rains have come! Woo Hoo! Thank you Santa. Hang on it just stopped Thhh!

Peace on you all my friends.

"Strive to be happy, whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should "
    (Desiderata, as found on a the back of a lot of dunny doors).
    If you are on the Sunny Coast over Christmas lets have a quite one .

Chris how do you put images in the narrative?

Night All ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Yes it has been a very good year and what about the bad things that have happened
    Someone stole Daryls chair and it still has not turned up.
    Chris broke his $10 chair and may need to get the 1 he borrowed off of daryl out of his shed to use ,only the chartruese dye on it will give it away as daryls (kidding)

Someone went around putting bannana;s on boats at the Muster and leaving them in eskies when people were out fishing.

The lost rod at the muster
    the lost rod and reel at the ABT

and most of all All KIMMIES lost fish at mondy and she wants them back if we find them
    If that is our only troubles for the year we have all done well and have nothing to complain about and hope next year is as great as this year Merry Xmas all

shane

It certainly has been an interesting year in many ways.......Thanks boys for the Memory lane pictures.....I've got nothing after June for Barra other than the Somerset session.

Merry Christmas and an All U wish for 2010

Now lets give 2010 a touch up.............Cheers Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

We were also very lucky ......... John (OBI_WAN) snatched one back after a visit to his doctor ....... & boy does he have the scar to prove it - Yes we are lucky to still have him around ......... & now he just has to land one of those Mondy barra

Ahhh ..... The chairs Daryls goes missing , mine goes to god & Shane wont give me his lounge.

Mighty Whitey burns his volleys ...... thankfully

Tony buys another boat ....... & sells said same You've got a problem Tony

2009 was also the year of the camp ovens ....... how many new ones (Whitto ,Brian ..teflon coated , Roo / Kim , Simon ---- who else - but mines still the only oval one ......... Does anyone have a good damper recipe that they can share with Whitto

As for Kimmois lost barra ....... can someone show her how to set those hooks. ( I'm sure someone will)

How good was it .... hearing about Poiter landing his first barra after so many trips - you could hear the collective sigh ..... good one Pete

We also had lots of new faces at some of the gatherings ....... good to see & hopefully we will get to see more.

2009 also saw the Muster give birth to other gatherings ( Bash , Sessions & Comittee meeting) ....... & now Summer Sensations ...... we need a couple more

Yep 2009 was a goodun ........ lets make 2010 even better

Chris

Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Yup, broke my camp oven cherry this year, best bloody feed you can have up there, lamb roast and veg - happy days

It looks like you fellas had a ball I hope to catch up with a few of you in the new year if work allows me, and the mrs days off line up, if thats cool. To all have a great Chrissy and a safe new year.
    Cheers Gav

Quote Originally Posted by gav73 View Post
    It looks like you fellas had a ball I hope to catch up with a few of you in the new year if work allows me, and the mrs days off line up, if thats cool. To all have a great Chrissy and a safe new year.
    Cheers Gav
    No worries Gav....I speak for all the Mondy Mob in saying you are more than welcome to join us in our escapades......We rabbit on a lot about what we do but thats because we love doing it (simple) and we make no excuses for doing it......anyone who has the desire to try and catch Barra and enjoys a Camp Fire and a Beverage of choice is welcome.....Look forward to meeting you in 2010....Have a great Christmas.......Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

What a great thread Chris.

Merry Christmas to everyone and their loved ones. Stay safe at home and on the roads, and we will see you at one of our favourite places soon.

Here's a selection of ours from 2009....

Cheers
    Paul

Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Fair dinkum, sittin here with a Corona in hand, 2 cartons for $90.00, BARGIN, and looking back through the photos ya couldnt punch the smile off me face.
    What a cracka of a year. Play safe boys n girls, bring on February, I wanna get slimed.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    Fair dinkum, sittin here with a Corona in hand, 2 cartons for $90.00, BARGIN, and looking back through the photos ya couldnt punch the smile off me face.
    What a cracka of a year. Play safe boys n girls, bring on February, I wanna get slimed.

Pete.
    Carefull what you wish for Pete - team Rocky Road Lotion Frenzy may look at recruiting you when they see that!

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post

Tony buys another boat ....... & sells said same You've got a problem Tony

Nope no problem now - I got another boat again so problem solved!!!! Yippee!!!!
    Cheers,
    Tony